Suprise Me (1)

As the children tried to catch their breath while laying on the ground, Tih was standing and looking around. All of a sudden he starts hearing the clanging of metal and shouting. He turns to the sound to see many men grouped into two, fighting each other. One man seems to be overlooking everything as he shouts at the men, pointing out their flaws and mistakes.

Tih hears Private Scott,"Ah, so the sword wielding class is sparring today." Tih observes the soldier in the distance. Equipped with dull, metal swords, the soldiers clash in 1v1 duels. A man with white hair watches on and occasionally giving out a remark or two. He seems to be the instructor.

Although the grass covering the field is only tall enough to reach a man's calf, Tih can easily crouch and be completely hidden, which is what he does. While Private Scott isn't paying attention, Tih's curiosity gets the bast of him and he starts crawling over to get a closer look.

The fights between the soldiers are spread out, so Tih has enough room to maneuver and get close enough to see the two silver stars on the instructor's chest pocket, but still maintaining a fair distance from any battles.

Getting closer look at the man, Tih notices that although the man has a white crew cut connected to a similarly white, short boxed beard, the instructor doesn't look anything over the age of thirty-five. With wide shoulders and a slim waist, the man's body is in good condition, nothing like that of an old man. Tih observes the light blue eyes of the fair-faced man as he watches the soldiers battling. Feeling a heated gaze, the instructor looks in its direction, only to see grass.

Tih quickly rolls to the right, dodging the man's eyes. He's paying special attention into not getting caught, so as to not anger Private Scott. Tih moves his gaze from the white-haired man to observe the matches.

He hears the old but young instructor,"Oh?" Tih follows the man's gaze as the instructor calls to the man in the distance,"Scott!" He gestures Private Scott over.

Seeing as he was being invited over, Private Scott took the group and walked over. The people in battle also paused their movements, watching as the two started to chat.

"Good to see you, Instructor Kane." said Private Scott.

"Same. How's Jax been treating ya?" The instructor towers over Private Scott at a height of six feet three inches.

"...Fine. How the training going?" He tries to change the topic.

Understanding what he doesn't want to talk about, he follows along,"Fine. It's an average bunch, no one in particular stands out." Instructors are always looking for promising soldiers to start an apprenticeship with. It's one of the reasons instructors teach at the Lecture Hall. Instructor Kane stands with his hands on his waist in a domineering manner. He looks at Private Scott with a smirk,"Wanna give them a go?"

Familiar with the man's laid back but arrogant personality, Private Scott looks at him with a helpless expression,"They're new recruits, the blame will go on me if they get hurt."

The instructor's grin gets wider,"Then all we have to do is make sure they don't get hurt."

Before Private Scott has any time to refute, Instructor Kane turns to the group of newbies and introduces himself,"Welcome newbies! As you've probably already learned by now, there are different kinds of professions on the island. What you don't know, is that of all of them, combat sports are the best profession! They're also the most popular, making it hard to stand out among the crowd. But today's you're lucky day, because I'll take time out of my busy schedule to spar with you all!" He starts speaking like an infomercial and acts more flamboyant than he usually is, attempting to rile the newbies up, which works. Some of the children already had plans of picking a combat profession to learn. Mowing that they have a chance to catch the attention of an instructor, they started to get excited.

"Instructor!-" Private Scott tries to interrupt the nonchalant man.

"Come on, you're curious too, right? To see if your batch has any talent?" Instructor Kane nudges his shoulder. Private Scott becomes silent as his mind immediately wanders to Tih and Kai.

Seeing he's convinced the taciturn Private, the instructor continues,"Okay, so this is what we'll do." He throws a bag down and different varieties of weapons pour out. "You can use any of the weapons in that bag there. Try to successfully attack me with everything you've got. You can come up one by one or all at once, doesn't make a difference to me," he smirks. "Oh, I'll even give myself a handicap! I'll stand in place and won't move from this spot." He jumps in the air and lands at an area in the center of the field, a couple meters away. "Give it your all! Your goal is to surprise me." A laid-back smirk remains on his face, but his words were full of arrogance. It has to be said, the man has his pride, but he has the strength to back up that pride.