Classes (1)

After Instructor Maddox walks off, Private Scott also leaves with Kai and Tih following behind. "Jax, That bas- I cant believe he left you with that man."

"Hmm? Why?" Kai noticed that Private Scott seemed to be in a rush to separate Tih and Inspector Maddox.

"Instructor Maddox was the man me and Major Jax were talking about earlier. He's strict with rules, doesn't like people talking back or ignoring him. That's why someone like Tih, with no expression and voice, will easily anger him. I never expected you to actually meet him so soon...how unlucky." The Private leads the boys down the spiral stairs,"The other children in your group are eating right now. We decided to meet at the first floor in five minutes."

"That instructor didn't seem that bad though? A little temperamental maybe..." said Kai.

"A little? Ha! When that man goes off, it's like a nuclear explosion, and if your in the blast radius, you get dragged in as well. And don't look down on him just because he looks like a strict librarian. He has a brown star in fencing and silver in management, so he can not only kill you with his sword, but damage you physiologically with his words. You do NOT, want to get on his bad side."

"Huh...I guess it's a good thing he seemed to take a liking to Tih."

"Eh?!"The soldier turns around to look at Kai with a shocked expression.

"Yeah, for some reason, after asking for Tih's name, he started looking at him with sparkling eyes. It was kind of weird...oh, and he was teaching us about the island and what instructors were."

"..." The best way to describe Private Scott's face at this moment is using the expression 'shocked silly'. The dumbfounded soldier stared at Tih, trying to think of a reason that man would patiently teach two newbies and in the end he couldn't think of one. Instead of overexerting his brain capacity, he decided to let it go and move on,"I guess that saves me from reexplaining things. The other children should be finished eating now, so we'll meet with them now and start walking towards our next stop."

"Which direction are we heading in now?" asked Kai, trying to memorize the layout of the island. If they arrived from the west and stepped onto the bottom left of the island, headed north and passed housing district B and then A, then the cafeteria should be at the top left side of Ranch island. This was because the arc of the cafeteria was facing the sea, with the center angle being ninety degrees. So, the arc faced northwest and the sides faced east and south.

They met up with the group on the first floor and left through the east side. Private Scott explained,"Now we're going to head east and jog to the lecture hall."

After another full-length jog, the sweaty teenagers reached the stairs of the lecture hall. Private Scott turned to the child, unfazed by the jog,"We'll take a five minute break before heading inside." His eyes landed on two eye-catching children.

Most of the newbies in his group tried to maintain some of their pride by forcing themselves to stand with wobbling legs, of course some were better off than others as the degree of wobble was different per person. That's what made the blond, surfer-haired boy stand out. He was currently lying on the ground, heavily panting, not caring how others looked at him. What made the scene even more eye-catching was the boy next to him, who's demeanor was the complete opposite. The same blank face, calmly and slowly breathing, and not a drop of sweat. The kid child did not look fatigued in the slightest. Private Scott make a mental note of the two as the five minutes quickly passed and he led the group into the building.

Like always, Tih began to observe his surroundings. He looked up at the long and wide building. It was about twenty to twenty-five feet tall. He walked with the others up the marble steps and entered. They stepped on white tatami mats as they walked down the corridor, stopping in front of a larger electronic board displayed on the wall.