Chapter 8: Countdown

Start from the beginning

"Glad to help. But there is something I need to discuss with you," Ladybug said, a little more seriously now. Chat straightened slightly.

"I'm all ears!" he said cheekily.

"It's about Rena Rouge and Carapace. I don't think they are fit to wield their miraculous anymore," Ladybug told. This surprised the leather cladded hero greatly.

"But why? They're great in the field," Chat said.

"Chat, anyone can use the miraculous. They can use it for whatever purpose they want. Hawkmoth chooses to use his for the wrong things. Nooroo is clearly a victim as we know by the kwami connection they had on their birthday," Ladybug explained.

"While true, what does this have to do with the fox and turtle?" Chat asked.

"Trixx and Wayzz have expressed to me how uncomfortable they are when being wielded now. It seems their civilian selves have become unbalanced. Their attitudes, their personalities. They've changed," Ladybug said, almost sadly.

"In what way?" Chat asked, more concerned than anything now, based on Ladybug's expression.

"I won't lie to you. After the kwami's came to me about this, I began observing them from afar. Seems they've turned to harassment and bullying," Ladybug said. While all was true, the only lie was that her observations were as Marinette, being the target of said bullying of course.

"That's terrible! Why would they do that?" Chat said in surprise.

"People change. All it takes is for one person to tip the balance. Then it's only a matter of time before a person has everyone under their thumb," Ladybug said. She didn't noticed how uncomfortable Chat looked at that comment.

"Well I trust you and if the kwamis are saying it, then I guess we have to consider new people. Same way how we got chosen," Chat said.

"Yes but that can be thought about later. We can brainstorm and come back to each other for ideas," Ladybug said.

"Brilliant ideas as always," Chat said with a smirk.

"I try. Now come on, let's see who can get to the north end quicker," she said, then flinging her yo-yo and swinging across the streets. Chat let out the first chuckle in a while, following his lady just as swiftly.

---

"That was quite a stretch!" Marinette said, finally returning to her room after finish patrol and dealing with a few muggers. She quickly changed into her pyjamas and snuggled under the covers.

"Yeah! You and Chat are really cleaning up the streets!" Tikki agreed, grabbing a spare cookie and settling by the guardian.

"Yeah...say Tikki, can I ask you something?" Marinette asked.

"Sure," Tikki said as she nibbled her cookie.

"Do you think Morgana would make a good holder? I mean I don't think I can trust Rena and Carapace again so maybe she could be a replacement," Marinette said.

"Well, to tell you the truth I have thought about it," Tikki said thoughtfully.

"So, what do you think?" Marinette asked with interest.

"While I agree about Rena and Carapace, I don't think Morgana fits any of the kwamis here," Tikki said.

"Whoa...that's a real shame..." Marinette said but Tikki wasn't done.

"No that's not it. She's not a fit because none of the kwamis are compatible. Morgana isn't just a regular person. She needs a kwami that matches her intelligence. It's out there somewhere but not here," Tikki explained.