"I'm worried about my other friends," I said, pouting and he presses his lips together. "What if-"

"Y/N, look." He interrupted me, placing each of his hands on my shoulder to turn me slightly so that I was facing directly at him. "We don't know what the bad news is. It might be something small which is taken as big but I'm sure your friends won't be hurt."

"How can you promise that?" I asked him, and he sighed heavily, decided to give up. He hovered his gaze towards the television, taking interest in it as he ignored my hard stare.

There was a loud beep above us, revealing that another announcement was about to begin.

"Hey everyone." This time it was the principal, his voice sounding a bit troublesome as it seems like he didn't want to make the announcement. "Me and the teachers have decided that we'll be having a lockdown for the rest of the year till the murderers are fully cleared. I'm sorry that this has been done the fourth time and I won't promise anything anymore." He stopped to take a breath.

"Your safety is a priority to us as today we'll start planting more cameras around the school. You are allowed to go out to whichever building you like but I recommend you to go with someone and not by yourself. This is super important."

Of course, is important... I've experienced someone getting beaten up because they were alone. And my existence was nearly wiped out too since I was alone.

"Everyone, please stay safe and be careful. We'll try to update you with good news soon. Thank you for being patient with us. Thank you, everyone."

The announcement ended with another beep, which sounded like a refrigerator complaining when its door was opened.

After the announcement had ended, the room resulted in an absolute silence which I find cumbersome. I hovered my gaze to each human in the room, trying to catch someone's eye contact but it was pointless as they were all thinking deeply, unblinking. They were either fiddling with their fingers, tapping their feet quietly, or darting their eyes around the room.

The awkward silence continues for a bit before it was interrupted by Jungkook's phone ringing. Jungkook gave us a small bow before taking the call and leaving the room. He decided to take the call in his bathroom, which I assume was something private.

"Bro, not this sh*t again!" Taehyung shouted, as though Jungkook's presence was the reason why we were all so quiet. "Lockdown is getting so tiring! Our tests get postpone, including our graduation! I feel so incredibly old now." Taehyung complained.

"Are you mocking me?" Jin demanded Taehyung, infuriated. "Do you think I enjoy this!? I was meant to graduate three years ago but look what happens! I'm the one who's meant to be complaining!"

"Jin, he's not calling you old." Jimin pointed out. "But you are old though."

Jin's veins started popping up on his neck and his face flushed up in anger. He tilted his neck side to side as though he was getting ready to beat the sh*t out of someone and glared icily at Jimin. "You'll get old one day you little twat. Your face will go all wrinkled up, and that day, I'll bully you for eternity."

Jimin laughed. "If my face gets wrinkled up, yours would be even worse."

"Nope! It won't." Jin denied, and Jimin lifted an eyebrow. "Because I take care of my face better than anyone else in this room. Look, my face is as smooth as butter. My age may look 24 but I actually look 19."

"In your dreams, hyung," Jimin smirked.

"Can ya'll shut the f*ck up for a second? Have you guys already forgotten about the announcement or are you guys just plain idiots?" Yoongi scolded them and both of them folded their arms simultaneously.

"They're probably just trying to stay positive..." Namjoon guessed, scratching his hair anxiously. "Yoongi hyung, just let them-"

"Oh, okay." Jungkook's voice was loud, as he agreed over the phone, pushing the bathroom door close with his unoccupied hand. "Yeah, sure. Alright." He continued while nodding and walking slowly towards us. He stopped in front of us with a grin as the conversation continued. "Yeah, bye. See you and stay safe dad." Pressing on something on his phone, he slides his phone into his pocket.

His smiling face suddenly turned into a frown, as he clasped his hands together, as though he wanted to announce something important.

"We're going to start our jobs as detectives today as the murderers had decided the same thing. No excuses or I'll dropkick you." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank chu for reading

~Xin