Chapter XXV

Harry had grown up brilliantly and was a bright child

Harry had grown up brilliantly and was a bright child. He had been exposed to Magic at a young age and wasn't afraid of his accidental magic.

Emery loved Harry to bits and pieces and made sure he constantly knew. They had a bond that no one could deny and it was similar to one that a mother and child had.

It was a Thursday after school and Harry had come home. He was quiet, not that he wasn't normally a quiet kid, but quieter than normal.

Emery was concerned. He normally came home and went straight to the kitchen and then to the TV to watch an episode of his favourite TV show, Operation Ouch.

Harry was fascinated with the human body. He thought it was ingenious with the way the human body mended itself and worked.

Instead, he went straight to his room and shut the door. Emery was in the kitchen with some home-cooked brownies. Harry's favourite.

Concerned, Emery made her way up the stairs and knocked on his door. Opening it slightly, she furrowed her eyebrows looking at the lump on the bed.

"Harry my love," she whispered. The only acknowledgment she received was the slight movement from underneath the blanket.

"You alright?" She questioned stepping into the room and sitting next to him. She rubbed her arm against his and slightly yanked the blanket down.

She frowned when she noticed that the little boy had tears in his eyes.

"Oh Harry," she whispered. She lifted the boy onto her lap and held him close. Being comforted as such made Harry terribly upset and he began to cry.

She stood up and rocked him, walking around the room to calm him down. Walking down the stairs, she sat on the couch and played his TV show.

Peeking out from her chest, Harry glanced at the show slowly relaxing into her as he became absorbed. Emery sighed, slowly carding her fingers through his hair and rocking him slightly.

Gradually the show ended and Harry and calmed down significantly. They both sat in silence before Emery slightly humming.

"Sweetheart?" Emery slowly cooed softly, rubbing his back. Harry said nothing, shoving his head further into her chest almost as if to avoid talking to her.

"Baby, you'll feel better if you talk to me," Emery said softly, slowly rocking him.

It was quiet before Harry released small sobs. Emery sighed, before whispering sweet nothings into his ear in order to calm him down.

It worked and after a few moments he settled down to small sniffles. The two lapsed into silence before Harry broke it.

"Mama, where are my real mummy and daddy?" Harry asked, looking up at him with bright green eyes.

Emery froze. She didn't know what to tell him, she of course hadn't expected him to ask her so soon.

"Did they not want me?" Harry asked his voice cracking.

Emery quickly reassured him.

"Oh no baby, your parents love you very much." She declared.

"Then why aren't they here?" He questioned, looking up at her with his desperate green eyes.

Emery paused. She didn't want him to know how awful his situation was but didn't want him to be kept in the dark.

"Well, something bad happened to them," she whispered, slightly nudging his nose.

"What?" Harry asked curiously. Emery was quiet

"Let's have a look" she whispered. Harry looked up at her in glee.

"But first you need to shower you dirty critter" she exclaimed tickling his sides. Harry laughed in joy before running up the stairs with Emery laughing after him.

Once he was settled, fed and tucked into bed, Emery lay next to him. They both were snuggled up next to each other with Emery running her fingers through his hair.

"Once upon a time a young man and women who met during their years in school," she told.

"Wait what are their names," he asked. Emery shook her head lightly smiling.

"Their names were James and Lily. Now James and Lily were so purely in love that everyone thought they would burst" she continued.

"Wait why is this important?" Harry questioned.

"Hold on you little tyke. Now James and Lily had a little baby boy who might I say, was truly adorable."

"I'm adorable" Harry claimed, his tone slightly jealous.

"Well obviously, I mean any child of Lily and James would be" she explained, watching his expression. She noticed his eyes widen in realisation before turning to her to confirm it. 

"Lily and James are my mummy and daddy!" he declared. Emery gave a small proud smile before continuing to rub his back in order to put him to bed. 

"Yes, they were. Now James and Lily were under attack by an evil man called, um, Voldie?" she tried. 

"Voldie? That's funny" Harry giggled at the name. Emery smiled at the small boy's innocence.

"It is isn't it? Now Voldie wanted to live a very long life and in order to do this he had to put some people into a deep sleep." she declared. 

"Like sleeping beauty?" questioned Harry. 

"Exactly like sleeping beauty," she told him. Harry's eyes soon became to droop with sleep but he continued to ask questions. 

"Well, why doesn't someone kiss 'em?" he asked. 

"Lily and James were each other's true loves kiss. Without each other, they couldn't wake"

"Oh," Harry sighed out. 

"Yes, but we know exactly where we can find them don't we" 

"Yes! In the stars" he declared pointing at the ceiling, where small glow in the dark stars sat.

"Indeed, do you wish to say goodnight" Emery questioned. 

"Night night mummy, night daddy" Harry sighed softly. blowing little kisses at the stars. A small gust of wind pushed through the curtains and circles the room, not that the pair noticed. Harry snuggled closer to emery before drifting off into sleep. 

"night night mama"

Emery sighed, glancing at the glow and dark stars that sat on the ceiling. She held the boy closer to her as if he would disappear from right next to her.

"Goodnight Harry"