14|| I love you truly || Part 1

Start from the beginning

"⎅⍜ ⊬⍜⎍ ⍙⏃⋏⏁ ⏁⍜ ⏁⏃⌰☍ ⏃⏚⍜⎍⏁ ⟟⏁? ⊬⍜⎍ ⎅⍜⋏'⏁ ⊑⏃⎐⟒ ⏁⍜ ⏁⟒⌰⌰ ⋔⟒ ⟟⎎ ⊬⍜⎍ ⎅⍜⋏'⏁ ⍙⏃⋏⏁ ⏁⍜" Ranboo reassures me but I shake my head. 

"I want to tell you, it is a happy memory. It's just hard for me to think about now, after all, that's happened. Maybe this will help me move on," I suggest and Ranboo simply nods and keeps a comforting grip on my shoulders. 

I begin to recount a story from what felt like eons ago. 

~~~~ 8 years ago (you're about 14 years old )~~~~

A/N: here's your outfit! Image from @liskin_dol on Instagram <3

I hear the school bell trill from the top of its tower in the small schoolhouse. Everyone in the art room packs up their things chattering about the events of today. Events I'm not a part of. I sigh and focus on the canvas in front of me. The art teacher wishes me a pleasant afternoon and I wave. She knows I usually stay back after class. 

I gaze back at what I was painting. Whilst everyone else was painting landscapes or bowls of fruit or their crush who set next to them in history class, I was painting the art classroom window. The summer breeze warmed my cheeks and it blew through the open window. To me, it was the prettiest thing in the room. 

The brick wall holding the old oak window frame in place was cracking revealing red bricks beneath the white paint. Light bounces off the panes of the open window panes making them gleam like gold. I smiled and brushed my hair off my shoulders. Mother had let me borrow her navy silk ribbon to tie in my hair. I had smiled all day knowing it was there and I know some of the other girls had looked at it longingly making me stand up a little taller. 

The school was small and there weren't many students. It was only big enough for the town. I'm so happy there was an art room for me to draw and paint in. I squint my eyes and focus on the red petals of the Bougainvillea flowers I was painting. A vine of them clutched onto the outside of the window frame. It had bloomed for the warm summer months and looked divine in the afternoon light. 

Summer wasn't my favourite season, but it made for the most beautiful lighting. The sound of shuffling footsteps forces me to take my brush away from the unfinished canvas. 

"Oh, Y/N, I didn't know you were still here. Are you alright dear?" I turn on my stool and see that it's the lovely woman who teaches the younger kids. Nobody in the school was really a teacher, just members of the town who wanted to share something valuable with us. It made school better I think. Teachers were always super passionate about what they were teaching and genuinely cared about their students. 

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine," I smile sweetly at her. 
"I saw that the other girls were braiding hair outside. Why don't you play with them instead of being cramped up in a stuffy classroom?" the kind woman chuckled a little. I smiled. 
"I don't really get along with the other girls, and the boys never want to play with me," I say simply. The woman frowns.