The reaping ~again~

Newt was walking with a crowd of terrified kids from the ages of 12-18. He looked ahead to see peacekeepers directing the girls left and the boys right, He slowly made his way to the right not really wanting to be manhandled by peacekeepers, He noticed a lot of other boys did the same, once He got to the registry, He held out his finger without a moments hesitation, the man behind the table pricked it and stamped it on a piece of paper. "name?" He asked sounding bored.

"Newt Sanders." He replied, the man quickly wrote it down, before Newt was ushered forward.

He stood near the far back corner of the crowd his eyes glued to ground.
He wasn't as terrified as He used to be this was his second to last reaping He's been here before it always ends the same, two kids, a boy and a girl will leave on the train nine times out of ten neither come back, no amount of fear would change that.

After about 30 minutes the women that has selected the names since before Newt was even born walks on the old wooden stage. Her name was Anastasia she looked exactly like she has for the 17 years Newts been alive. She appeared to be in her mid twenties, but he knew from what He's seen of people from the capitol she could be in her early forty's to late sixties or maybe even older then that, she wore a neon frilly purple dress that had huge pointed shoulder pads, it was ugly as dirt in Newts opinion. capital fashion makes no sense and He doesn't think it ever will.

"Hello lady's and gentlemen welcome, it is time to select the tributes to represent district 11 in the 110th hunger as always let's start with the girls shall we." She said smiling slightly, that's the only thing Newt liked about her she was straight to the point not stalling for more screen time like all the others. she didn't look like she was having the time of her life selecting who would die and who wouldn't, she didn't look like she hated her job though, so He still despised her as He did the rest of the capital.

Anastasia reached into a giant bowl of paper names and plucked one out everyone around me was either shaking or holding their breath. "Ivy Vibin." She shouted at the crowd, it was silent for a moment before a sob echoed through the town square Newt looked over to the girls side but couldn't see anything over the crowd of boys. After a moment A crying brunette girl covering her mouth with her hand trying to hold in more sobs came into view walking up the steps of the stage, the girl turned around to face the crowd. Anastasia put a hand on her shoulder and muttered something in her ear, He could only make out the words "smile" and "camera" the girl slowly removed her hand from her mouth still shaking and crying but she seemed to be forcing herself to calm down.

"Now for the boys." Anastasia says patting the girls shoulder before walking over to the boys bowl. My hands clench as she reaches into the bowl taking her sweet time digging through the names.

"Newt sanders." She shouts into the microphone, her voice echoing through the packed town square. The forced sense of calm He had in his body left as the echo died away. He took a deep breath before He pushed his way through the crowd to the path guarded by peacekeepers and walked up the steps to stand beside Anastasia. He turned to face the crowd of grim and relieved faces, nausea bubbling in my stomach at the kids that were smiling slightly in relief that they were safe not even caring about Ivy and His death sentences, he can't blame them though this is a yearly occurrence, most people are unaffected by it unless it's a loved one who's selected. Newts eyes searched the crowd for any of his friends, before He could find them his attention was diverted to Anastasias hand on his shoulder, she had her other hand on Ivys."

"This years district 11 tributes!" She said shaking our shoulders slightly. "Happy hunger games, and may the odds ever be in your favor." She said pushing their shoulders back effectively turning them to the side before they were guided into town hall.

Newt was left in what He assumed was one of the rooms that tributes usually say goodbye to their family's in, one of his friends told him about them a few years back when her cousin got selected for the games.

He sat on the couch at the back of the room and looked around, there was a mirror above an old wooden fireplace, a portrait of the deceased president Coriolanus snow beside a portrait of President Ava Paige. there were no windows just one door and what he guesses is a closet.

He lets out a shaky sigh and assesses his curent predicament. the games wow this definitely was not how He thought He'd go out, He figured he would die in an accident or get publicly executed for something, but no a tribute of district 11 so so much worse then that. At least if he died in an accident he'd be talked about for a week or two before everyone went back to their normal lives, now he'd just be another victim of games, you'd think going to and dying in the games people would be a big deal, but no every year the only people who are talked about for even a month after the games are the victors the careers and maybe just maybe one or two others that did something to catch the capitols attention, Like Katniss back in the 74th hunger games.

Good Attention from the capitol gets you sponsors, but it's hard to get noticed without pushing the thin line between good attention and bad attention, bad attention can easily get you or someone close to you killed.

A few of his friends came to say goodbye. lots of tears were shed, now a finally calmed down Ivy and Newt were being escorted to the train station by peacekeepers when He heard a women shout. "YOU CANT TAKE HER!" He turns around to see a women with brown curly hair and tan skin looking frantic running towards Ivy and Him, he looks to the side to see Ivy in complete shock tears rolling down her cheeks for probably the fifth time today. Peacekeepers quickly ran to hold back the women but in some moment of adrenaline strength she shoved the three peacekeepers out of the way. "Mom stop!" Ivy yelled at apparently her mother, she went to go to her mother but two of the peacekeepers who had been escorting them stopped her.

In half of a second one of peacekeepers that ivy's mom pushed off of herself got off the ground and aimed their gun at the distraught women running to her Daughter, Ivys screamed right before three bullets ripped through the women's chest and stomach effectively stopping her in her tracks, she hit the ground with a wet bloody thud.

Peacekeepers grabbed a screaming and sobbing Ivy pulling her to the train station, Newt turned to follow them stumbling over his own feet another peacekeeper grabbed his arm to keep him balanced helping him up pulling him along after Ivy.

A/n I don't think ivy's vibin