Prologue

"Mr Janson!" A Blonde women in her early 20's shouted running down a fancy looking white hallway. "Yes Miss Carter" answered Janson turning around to face his assistant, slightly annoyed because the women stopped him on his way to an important lunch meeting. "Sorry to catch you at a bad time sir, the new applications for this years games have been reviewed by the game keepers and they've chosen these for you to assess."she says getting straight to the point, not wanting to annoy the head gamekeeper more.

With a sigh Janson snatched the files from the blondes hands making her jump slightly.
Flipping through the files he stops on the third one. "Interesting, where is this one from?" Janson asked looking up from the file at the blonde. "Oh Um, that one was from a student in district 3." Ms carter said surprised he actually showed interest in one. "It's just the arena mapped out and nothing else correct?" He asked looking over the file again. "No, this applicant put in one event idea and a few special suggestions." She replied after a moment of thought, Flipping the file in his hand to a different page then pointing to where it listed the suggestions. Janson stood silent for a moment before speaking again. "Tell president Paige that I have chosen an arena and set a meeting with the game keepers for tomorrow at 1pm" she nodded mumbling a quick "yes sir" before hastily taking the files back and rushing back down the hall.

*<*

President Ava Paige was standing by her office window looking out at the capitol  when a knock came from the door. "come in." She said eyes not breaking from the window. "President Paige" Janson said nodding slightly in her direction as he entered the room, his eyes scanning the room quickly, there was a large bookshelf lining the inner wall facing the window an oak desk in the middle of the room glowing blue the lights of the city reflecting off of it from the large window that covered the outer wall. "Janson, I heard you picked a district application this year, and not only that but after reviewing the application only once, must be quite the extraordinary idea." the president stated breaking away from the window to look at Janson who was now standing beside her looking out the window into the night sky.

He chuckled "yes I did. this one is different from the others it has a lot of potential to grow from the applicants vision. "Janson said smiling slightly, the smile seemingly innocent but Paige knew him better then that, he has something wicked in mind this year, she thought her eyes returning to look out the window, her now sharing his smile.

"What is this oh so great arena idea then?" She asks her eyebrows raising slightly eyes still fixed on the city outside.

"A maze"

^>^

Nine months later...

"Everything in order?" President Paige asked sitting in the game makers meeting room, directly across from Janson the rest of the game makers seated around them. "Yes everything seems to be in order." a random game maker replied certainty in his voice.
Ava smiled "then let the 110th hunger games begin"