15 - Her Luciano

Začít od začátku

"Not many women are susceptible to this lifestyle, the danger and risk. I'm just a Capo, imagine how hard it is for a Don. Most women are handed off or exchanged to seal permanent deals or alliances. Though those women are more courageous considering they lived this life, just not the realness of it." A Don, he said. So does that mean Luciano can't find a woman? Does he want to? Is he looking?

" So what about Luciano?" She questioned innocently and he tensed. He shook his head, "I'd rather not talk about it." He opened the car door for her, noticing she wasn't taking hers. She apologized, since it seemed like an important topic. "It's better left unspoken" He said and she nodded, knowing he was trying to be nice. "But as for a woman, most Dons start looking or they are already set up with one. It's like an arrangement. It's important because Dons need a heir, sounds royal right?" He chuckled. That was obvious, I want their son to take over when they're too old. She didn't like the idea of arranged marriages though.

"Why not just have sex with a woman, then you have a heir" She said, like it was pretty simple, but it really wasn't. "That's not how it works Teresa. Like I told you, family is important. A Don wouldn't impregnate a woman if he didn't think she was worthy enough to be of family. Someone who he doesn't just co parent with"

" A commitment" She said and he nodded. That was at least smart, choosing someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. But the thought of it not being her, unsettled her to the core. She had to ask.

" Is Luciano looking? " She questioned, hearing the engine starting and he sat back.

" We've all been pushing him to. Your wife usually completes your entire organization. I'm not sure, but I hope so" He said and she sat back, with a sigh.

Gee, thanks, She thought.

Luciano walked into the warehouse, looking clean and fresh as usual. With his eyes he could see clearly everything that was going on and it was a busy day today. The drugs, Cocaine and heroin. Stacks of money on pallets, Euros and US bills. Each sack of cocaine or heroin weighed 50lbs, that was 2500lbs of drugs being distributed.

He stood, watching the man weigh the sack and he saw it came to 50.10lbs. Luciano had people weighing the bags, stacking them up, moving them to trucks, also called delivery trucks. The sacks were a mimic of bulk bags of flour that were being delivered to the bakery. The truck had one full cart of real flour and the rest drugs, a great cover. The bakery workers were paid off a percentage of that profit and the drugs got to their direct owners. They did whatever they wanted with it.

This wasn't just everything. This was the first part. The drug distribution. Then they had the money. He was also in charge of that. Each bill weighed 1 gram. Each stack of money was worth 10k in $100 bills. He watched the man weigh the stack of 10k and it weighed 0.220lbs. If everything didn't weigh approximately the exact amount, he would make them go back and count it again. Everything was math. He knew how much money in what bills, what bills were his, what bills were fake. It was a process to make sure no one was getting fucked over.

So forth. Each pallet of stacked cash weighed 3.5 million, no more, no less. Too much money at once causes attention. There was also money in other locations, doing the exact same thing as they. They were also delivered. The warehouse was just where they did the distribution on the according schedule day, but he had different locations, same for drugs. Everything wasn't in one place, that's too obvious, too much movement, too much attraction. He always moved them around, but never in the same pattern.

As a Don he made all the decisions, but he also had other roles to play. He made sure everything was fair, others held their end of the deals, their supplier, and resources. But he didn't distribute the drugs himself specifically. All he had to do was get it to the families and they did whatever they wanted as long as they paid the right amount in the end. He didn't like much dirt on his hands, the less traced back to him, the better.