Finding out the Truth

AN: I’m sorry; I know that this chapter is really late… I hope you guys like it. I loved all the messages that I’ve been getting to continue the story. Don’t fear! This story will never be abandoned.

Please Review!

Finding out the Truth

I felt hot; the blistering heat under my skin was unbearable. My head ached as I heard voices softly whispering in the background. I tried to open my eyes only to be blinded. I couldn’t move, I tried to bring my arm to shield my eyes but nothing responded. I tried to calm myself as panic washed over me. The room pulsed as I reopened my eyes and blurred images of Kyle slowly faded together.

“I see that you’re awake.” He smiled.

I wanted to nod but nothing moved, so I gave a weak smile instead.

“Here this will ease the pain.” He genteelly placed a wet towel on my forehead.

My body seemed to respond quickly. The burning was cooling, the ache was dulling and my eyes were focusing. I glanced up at Kyle, who by now was sitting in the chair next to me. He was twiddling his thumbs together and peeking at me every few seconds. I glared at him now. I wanted answers on to what was going on. I knew he had them.

“Ya know; Cooper is so much better at explaining things…” He sighed averted his eyes. “Especially at this...” He motioned towards his neck; I briefly saw an intricate black design that I never noticed before.

I thought back to earlier, that boy bite me… I hesitantly brought my hand up, expecting to feel a scar but instead I felt a shiver run down my spine and the texture of skin feeling different.

“What is this exactly?” My voice sounded rough.

Kyle still hesitated, glancing at the door every few seconds. “I don’t know if I should be that one to tell you this or… ah well, screw it, I’m going to tell you anyway!”

He stood from the plastic chair and started to pace around the room. “A long time ago, humans weren’t the only intelligent life forms on earth. We actually don’t know the true names of these creatures but our ancestors called them demons. Demons were different from humans in every way; they were stronger, smarter, faster, lived for hundreds of years…”

“Okay.” I cleared my throat as I nodded my head. I was confused on how this was related to what had happened. “How does this pertain to me? Mythological creatures…”

Kyle hesitantly sat on the bed next to me, “You’re not human. Your parents weren’t human…” He smirked allowing a quick flash of his fangs in the light. “Everyone on Wolfe Island is a Demon.”

I think Kyle wanted a better reaction then what I gave him. I just stared blankly into his now feral brown eyes. I figured I was different. Who in their right mind hears screams in the wind?

“I hear things in the wind and I always had a way with animals. So I guess it’s no surprise to hear that I’m a Demon. But how does this mark fit into this?”

“Well, Demons have predestined soul mates and when they meet the Dominate gets the over welling urge to mark the Submissive. The bite happens in two stages, the first is when both parties meet for the first time. This bite is just to ward of other Dominates during the courting process. Then the second bite happens during the matting process. Both the Submissive and the Dominate bite each other… You have the first bite. Jackson got the urge to bite you because both of you are mates.”

 “So… the guy who bit me, Jackson, I’m his mate.” I said slowly. The information was still reeling in my head. I was okay with being a Demon because I already knew I was different but I find out that I have a mate on my first day in a new place was crazy.