𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

I was sitting in the meadow playing with bunnies until I could feel a presence. Turning around I look at the eagle that has been visiting me every month. "Hello again." I smiled while looking over the eagle noticing something hanging on its talons.

Opening my hand it flew and dropped it in my hand. A beautiful necklace with a flame and lightning bolt on it. "Thank you." I rubbed the top of the eagle's head before it took off. I noticed a flock of crows take off shortly after.

"Mother!!" I called out running up the hill and to the little cottage at the top. Her figure came out of the door a smile gracing her face and black hair curling and fitting her face. Speeding up embracing her in a hug.

"Yes little one," she says moving the stray curls out of my face. Getting out of her embrace I show her the necklace. "Look at what the eagle brought me." she looked at it rubbing her finger over the flame and lightning.

"It's beautiful Iris." placing a kiss on my forehead. "Mother you promised that you would teach me about me being a fire nymph," I said grabbing her hand and pulling her down to the meadow where I was just moments ago.

"Yes sit down then." I sat down and watched as she sat down in front of me. "Now Iris I want you to listen to me and listen good. You will be learning about your nymph side but I will be telling you about your father's and what to do if I'm ever gone." shaking my head I grabbed my mom's hands.

"Don't talk like that you're not going to die...so please don't say things like that." she nodded so I dropped my hands and listened.

"Little Iris being a fire nymph means your resistant to fire and heat, and can heal the burns of others but this drains energy. You also have a connection with nature as you can tell." she points out to the bunny running up to me.

" You can release the heat from your hands to seal wounds. Create and control flames and you can also turn into pure flames making you immune to all attacks." She smiles making a small flame in her hand before putting it out.

"Mother what about my fathers? Why do you want to tell me now? They were never here for you or me." a scowl covering my face fingers gripping the grass.

"One is dead and the other just visited you." She said giving me a small smile. The scowl that was once on my face dropped. "You mean the eagle is my father? How can that be unless he's a god." I trailed off meeting my mom's eyes.

"Which god?" I asked calming down and loosening my grip on the grass. "Zeus and Erebus," she answers. I look at her in shock.

"Two how is that possible?" I asked.

"It's possible but it's just rare." I heard a voice behind me. "What are you doing here she will kill us if she knew you were here." My mother said.

"She can not see you," he answers pointing to the clouds above then turning to me. "Do you have questions?" he asked me.

"Am I the only one? Why now? Why give me this?" I asked standing up facing him. " You have siblings on Olympus and a half brother here on earth." I nodded and waited for him to continue. "Why now you ask? I knew she was going to tell you soon and I knew you would have questions. As for the necklace Iris, your brother made it for you." He explained.

"Which one?" I asked confused looking down at it. "Apollo" he answered simply.

"Can I meet him?" I asked out of curiosity. "I'll ask him for you," he replies.

"Thank you, Zeus." He nodded and shifted into an eagle and took off.

"Why do we have a cloud over our heads mother?" looking at the sky.

"Hera found out about me and your brothers' mother she wants vengeance for Zeus wronging her even if that means killing me, you and the other two." She replies placing her hand on my shoulder. "Come I need to pack a bag for you in case Hera finds us." I nod taking in all of the information too overwhelmed to even answer at this point.

Sitting in the other room throwing arrows at the wall. Till a voice broke my thoughts. "Iris." I look up and in the mirror is a man with blonde hair and a golden glow. "Apollo?" I questioned standing up. He nodded and stepped through the mirror.

"I heard you wanted to meet me." He said feeling the petal of the flowers I picked. "I wanted to say thank you for the necklace and could you help me control my flames?" I asked my nails digging into the palm of my hands.

"You are welcome Iris, did any tell you your eyes are pretty?" I tilted my head in confusion. I mean they weren't that pretty just blueish purple color with hints of gold. " Does this mean you'll help me?" I asked.

"If you say I'm the best brother you ever meet." He smiled which he quickly dropped. "We need to go now I'll teach you later." he grabbed my wrist pulling me towards the entrance of the little cottage. Pulling my hand from him I glared. " What about my mother."

"That's the thing Hera found her and is fighting her she'll look for you next I have to get you to your brother." I shook my head. "No. I'm not leaving my Mother!" I yelled tears threatening to spill over onto my cheeks. "You need to be safe Iris please I promise I'll bring you to check and see if she's okay." I looked back at the cottage then back at Apollo.

"Let me get what my mom left me." He relaxed and nodded walking back into the cottage where I saw something lying in the corner. Picking it up it was a black and gold spear looking at it my name was engraved on it. Jogging back over to Apollo he leads me towards a chariot. "Come Iris we have to leave now." I grabbed his hand as he helped me up.

"Hold on." I held onto his free arm looking around I could see Hera and my mother fighting. Hera threw a tree down which in return my mother brunt it. She had let her guard down when something stabbed her in the back. "Mother!!!" She turned her head and looked to the sky smiling.

I stood there holding onto Apollo's arm feeling numb, lost, and anger. " Iris calm down please your hair is on fire." A chop to the neck and next thing you know darkness.

˚✩。.✩*:˚✩⋆。.✩˚✩⋆。.✩*:˚✩⋆。.✩

Hey! Hi! Hello!

             How did you enjoy it? I'll take the criticism.

Vote

Comment

share