Chapter 13

Stevens POV;

Its 3 months later and still no progress. Ive been going to her and Eclipse every day. Jack isnt happy with it but I dont care. He needs me and Vick needs me. I dont want to miss her waking up. I would slap myself so hard if I would miss it.

The kids have visited a few times with Leah. They were sad ofcourse. I wouldn't blame them. Vick is their mom. Leah wanted to talk to me. "Whats up?" I asked. She looked at me. "Are the kids allowed to see their horses?" She asked. I nodded. "Ofcourse. Call Jack to ask him as well. He doesn't know Im taking Eclipse out almost every day. So don't tell him that. Dont wanna piss him off." I said and she nodded. "I know you miss her." She said and gave me a hug. I just nodded and hugged her back. "Ill keep you posted if something changes." I said and she left with the kids.

The doctors came up to me and they looked happy. "I have some good news. There is some more activity in her brain and body. Shes starting to fight the meds. That means she will wake up soon." They said and I gasped. "But we dont know when she will wake up. And there is a 90% chance on long term memory loss." They said and I sighed. I was afraid he would say that. I nodded and sat down next to her again, taking her hand.

They probably think Im an idiot, but I tell her every day what happened that day. Hoping she would hear me. I took her hand and kissed it gently. This breaks my heart so much to see her like this. I cant let her go. Most people already would have. But I just cant. I cant let the love of my life go.

I felt a little pinch in my hand and gulped. Probably a reflex. I kissed her hand softly holding it against my cheek. I wanted her to feel my warmth. Let her know Im here. She started to put pressure to my hand. I gasped and within a second I was pulled away from her. There were 7 doctors around her. Shhe started to open her eyes. I started to cry. She woke up. I cried from relief and happiness.

One of the doctors took me out of the room. They needed to check everything. I called everyone to tell them the good news. At least I thought it was good news. But my hopes were dropped within a second. The head came to me and looked concerned. "I have good and bad news for you. "The good news is that she is awake and well. She didn't suffer any real damage. But the bad news is that she has long term memory loss. And with long term I mean like 10 years. The fall and the blow to the head caused this." He said and I looked down. "She wouldn't recognize me?" I asked and hee nodded. "If you try to remember things she can get more damage. She needs to remember everything herself. You can help a little but not make her." He said and I nodded.  Im shattered. Completely shattered.

Victoria's POV;

Suddenly the darkness is gone and I see the ceiling of a hospital room, with 7 doctors rushing to me. What the fuck is this? Where am I? What year is it? Im confused. They check everything and then leave. I raise an eyebrow.

How the fuck did I get here? I have so many questions. "Miss Knight, youre in the hospital because you had an accident with a horse." One of the doctors said. I looked confused. Horse? I dont even ride. At least I haven't ridden since moms passing. I wanted to sit up but they pushed me back gently. "Miss, you need to rest." They said and I sighed annoyed. I didn't want to rest. I have to work in the shop. Ugh I hate this.

I see a guy come in and sit down next to me. I looked at him and studied his face. I gulped, noticing how handsome he was. Just looking at him made my insides mushy. "Who are you?" I asked and he looked at me. "Im Steven." He said and I kept looking into his stunning brown eyes. "You look familiar tho. Ive probably seen you at the meets." I said and he nodded. "I drive the green Civic coupe." He said and I still was confused. "What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked at me. "Well I am your fiance." He said softly.

I started to freak out a bit. "What? Noway. Im single. I dont understand." I started. He layed his finger on my lips. "You'll understand later okay?" He said. What the fuck?!