Chapter 4

Victoria's POV;

Arriving at home I heard the horses neigh already. But there was something off. I walked in and saw that Buddy was sweating and kicking at his belly. Fuck. Colic. I called the vet inmediatly and they were on their way.

I started to walk with him, I didnt want him to lay down. Thats the worst can happen to a horse who has colic. I called uncle Jack also. "I cant come tomorrow. One of the horses has colic and I have to keep an eye out for him." I said and kept walking with Buddy. He was Jeffs horse and I would break his heart if he finds out his horse passed. "I understand honey. Keep me updated okay?" He said and I smiled. "Thanks uncle." I said and hung up the phone.

The vet arrived after 30 minutes. She saw it wasnt good at all. Shit. "He has to go to the vet clinic. His intestine has begun to turn so were in time for surgery." She said and I nodded. "You have a trailer right? Hook him up on my truck and you have to stay with him in the trailer to keep him calm." She said and we hooked up the trailer quickly. I walked him in and the vet drove us to the clinic.

I loaded him out quickly. He looked so sick. He layed his head on my shoulder to calm down. I gave him to the vets there and they sedated him quickly. After he laid down they laid him down and rolled him into the surgery room.

Those hours were nerve wracking. I was so scared we will loose him. After 3 hours the vet who did surgery on him finally came out. "I have good news. He survived the surgery. We had to turn his intestine back to the place he has to sit. We didnt have to take off any intestine thank god." She said and I sighed relieved. Thank the lord he survived. "Thank you so much." I said smiling. "No thank you for acting up so quickly. If you were 30 minutes later, he wouldnt have survived. You can see him if you want to." She said and I nodded walking with him.

Buddy looked a bit dizzy from the anesteasia. But he looked fine. When he saw me his eyes lit up. He whinnied and I went in. "Youre okay bud." I said and I hugged him. Im so glad he made it. The vet also came to see how he was doing. "We have to keep him here for three days. To make sure he recovers as he has to." She said and I nodded understanding. "Okay no problem." I said and petted Buddy.

The vet brought me back home. I was exhausted. It was 4 in the morning. The horses all looked a bit freaked out because Buddy was gone. I calmed them down and gave them their breakfast. They were still out anyway and it didnt make any sense to get them inside if they go out in two hours. After doing the chores I went to bed. I fell asleep instantly.

I woke up at 2pm. Damn what a night. I got out of bed and took a shower. I got myself ready and put my hair in a bun. Then I noticed something. I saw a silhouette of another car being parked next to the Civic. Strange. I went out to see the horses and got Eclipse out of the pasture. "Where were you today?" I head an all too familiar voice say. I turned around to see Steven standing there.