Honeymoon: Captain's Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Come on big guy," I say as I urge him to the door again.

The host takes us over to our table and I breathe a sigh of relief as I see it's just Wayne and Val so far. Chris pulls out my chair across from Val before taking his own seat beside me, next to the window, and in front of Wayne. There's no room for Jessica to be close enough for any physical flirtations.

We start the meal with just the four of us. Conversation is easy, simple, no one trying to better or one up another. But like all good things, it came to an end. Just before the entree is brought out Mark and Jessica join the table.

I'm taken aback by Jessica's choice of dress. She struts towards the table, like a siren, in a flaming red dress. The dress has a low cut v-neck and two slits, each going up near the top of her thigh, leaving very little to anyone's imagination.

  My heart clenches as I hear Chris clear his throat next to me. I try my best to remind myself that I can't control his bodily reactions any more than he can. My gaze shifts down to my hand as I feel Chris grab it. He offers a reminding squeeze before bringing my hand to his lips.

"Ladies," Jessica chirps. "Gentlemen," she says as her look lingers on my husband much longer than it should.

Really though, who can blame her. Chris looks more dashing than ever in a black tux with a bow tie, hair combed back neatly, beard trimmed just right. Any woman with eyesight would give him a lingering glance.

"You all look nice," Val says in an attempt to draw Jessica's attention elsewhere. The couple sits down, Jessica next to Val with Mark beside me. While I'm glad she's not next to Chris there's really nothing I can do to keep her from staring at him. I'm suddenly thankful we are already half way through the meal.

"Y'all are late," Wayne says looking at the couple. "Get caught up in a game Mark?"

"Something like that," he says with a strange glint to his eyes. He gives a knowing smirk towards Jessica.

  The waiter comes by with our entrees and takes the newest couples orders. "Oh! Chris I completely forgot earlier. But thanks for the beer. It was a perfect addition to my swim," Jessica tells the group.

  Trying to watch the expression I know my face wants to give I just look at Chris with a tight lipped smile. He nods in Jessica's direction and says "no problem." 

  'I beg to differ, sir,' I think to myself but decide to let it go.

Chris POV

  I see Daphne tense up after Jessica mentions the beer we shared this afternoon. If she questions me I'll tell her the truth, I was pissed and needed to calm down. She just happened to show up.

  "That's a great color on you, Daphne," Jessica says complimenting my beautiful wife.

  Ever the humble woman she is, Daphne just says thanks and ducks her head down, her hair covering the side of her face closest to Mark and Jessica. "Everything looks amazing on her," I say as I bring my lips to her temple, kissing it softly. Her beautiful brown eyes look up at me and I melt.

  "You should think about letting Daphne show a little more skin, like Jessica here," Mark says to me.

  I remind myself that I'm in a public setting and don't really want to spend my honeymoon in a jail cell in Honolulu. "Daphne can wear whatever she likes."

  Mark leans in towards Daphne. Being polite she moves ever so slightly closer to him to hear what he has to say. Suddenly she snaps back and slaps him across the face, the sound echoing.