season 3 chapter 5

Start from the beginning

Nobody's pov:

Neon used that wave to speed up on her rollerblades and go after Yang and she punched her. While Weiss used one of her glyphs to stay in place while Rhea used both her swords to keep her from flying in the air. When Flynt stopped blowing his horn, he quickly went back to blowing on his horn but luckily Weiss and Rhea managed to dodge it but Flynt blew his horn in our direction. Weiss used her black glyphs to move up slowly while Rhea stabbed both her swords in the ground keeping her in place. When Flynt stopped, Weiss speeded up to Flynt but when she got close enough, he kicked her in the back making fall to the volcanic theme in the arena. Rhea then used this chance to get her swords out of the ground and run to flynt and attack him by doing a cross slash which broke Flynt's guard which allowed her to get a sidekick in that threw him back a couple of feet.

Weiss smirks as she stands up "Thanks for buying me time." She gets back in a fighting stance and Flynt turns to Weiss to see her using glyphs to make huge chunks of ice fly at him . But he looks down quickly and blows his horn with the steam of the volcanic theme which made the ice melt and Flynt chuckled "too bad that money can't buy you skill." Weiss stomped her foot in anger as she made a gust of wind come out the tip of her sword before flint blew his horn stopping the wind coming towards him. Then Weiss made more glyphs surrounding him. Then she quickly went through her glyphs stabbing him multiple times until Flynt duplicated himself into three while blowing his horn. When Weiss was in front of his horn, it blew her away and she landed on her stomach. When Flynt went near her, he stepped on the blade of her rapier.

Flynt heard Neon and Yang argue, then he turned to them and used his semblance again and was just about to blow his horn until Weiss saw the steam from the volcanic crack in the ground and she quickly got up from the ground to tackle him in the lava that burned them both which made yang and Rhea yell "Weiss!" In shock and worry.
When the smoke cleared up I squinted to see that Flynt was still standing. Which shocked both me, Yang, and everyone else. As Flynt walked towards Yang, Rhea went next to her and said "want to switch a roo?" Yang smirked and nodded "heck yeah." She then clenches her fists and shoots a strong bullet at both of them making them separate. Yang went to deal with Flynt, while Rhea dealt with Neon who was skating down a rocky surface concentrating on her balance.

So Rhea turned her swords into guns and shot at her making her lose her balance and roll down the hill and hit a geyser that immediately releases water and steam that blasts her up in the air which made both Rhea and Yang smirk and they both released a bullet from their weapon that hit Neon. Then professor Port announced team RWBY the winner, Rhea then turned to Yang and noticed her eyes were res, then she quickly remembered Weiss and they both ran to her and held her up and Yang worriedly spoke"Weiss you ok?!" Rhea looked at Weiss and she coughed while looking at the both of us. "I may not be singing for a while." Yang smiled softly, "you know, I don't think that was proper form." Rhea chuckled softly "agreed." Weiss then mockingly laughed then coughed again. They then heard a squeal "what? We lost? We lost?! Team FNKY lost? That was....that was.... amazing. Oh my gosh you guys were super crazy awesome, We should definitely party together sometime. Right Flynt?" Neon turns to Flynt who got up from the floor and spoke "that was a gutsy move schnee. I dig it." He smiled and then they all looked at each other. Then they all turned to see Blake and ruby congratulating them and soon helped Weiss to the infirmary.

Cinder's pov:

I sit on a bed in a room with Mercury and Emerald while scrolling through my tablet. Then I heard my scroll ring. When I turned to grab it, I looked at the contact name to say unknown. I answered the call and put it to my ear to hear a familiar voice "hello... Yes, everything is going according to plan... yes the huntsman is here but he is no threat... what? Why?.... What? No I'm not-... Yes I understand... of course, I'll see you both soon." I hung up and Emerald looked at me in worry "is something wrong Cinder?" I shook my head hiding my anger "no, we're just gonna have some company." Mercury looks up at me "the good or the bad kind." I shook my head "the good." I went back to scrolling my tablet preparing for the next phase of my plan.

Nobody's pov:

*Meanwhile in Ozpin's office*

Ozpin sits in his chair looking outside of his window. The elevator door opens revealing Qrow, Phea and Marshall walking out towards Ozpin. Qrow spoke while holding a mug with probably alcohol "you know he's making you look like a fool." Ozpin stated "his heart is in the right place. He's just misguided." Marshall sighs "sometimes I'm not even sure he has a heart." Qrow looks at Marshall and back at Ozpin "you said it brother." Phea sighs and shakes her head while Qrow takes a sip from his mug. Phea asks "So have you chosen a guardian yet?" Ozpin turns his chair towards the three huntsmen "maidens choose themselves, I simply believe I found the right candidates." Qrow raises an eyebrow "candidates?" Ozpin nods "and one of them is in this room." Ozpin turns to Phea "Phea is my first candidate." Phea was shocked and surprised at Ozpin's words, she couldn't believe that Ozpin would even consider her "o-ozpin, I don't know what to say."

Marshall's face hardened "I do. She's not doing this. Pick someone else Oz, anyone else just not her." Ozpin, Qrow, and Phea turned to Marshall and Phea exclaimed "what?! Marshall!" Marshall turns to his fiance "you're not doing this! You don't know what this could do to you. Doing this could change you, it may turn you into someone else, someone I wouldn't recognize, someone Rhett wouldn't recognize." Phea's shocked expression softened at the mention of Rhett "I know but it could be for the greater good. I could do this to get the upper hand, to protect Rhett, to protect you." Marshall shook his head "no, I won't lose you. I can't lose you before I have the chance to marry you, and I won't let Rhett lose his mother." Marshall puts his hands on both of her arms and Phea sighs in defeat and looks down knowing he's right and she nods her head and looks back up to Marshall "ok I won't do it."

Marshall sighs and smiles in relief as he moves his head towards her's and their foreheads touch, then they turn to Ozpin who has a neutral expression "I see. I knew with Marshall here this would happen." Phea smiles sadly, "I'm sorry ozpin." He puts his hand up "it's alright Phea, I understand. The things we do for the people we love." At those words Qrow looked down in sadness for a moment then quickly shook it off and looked up "so who's the other candidate Ozpin?" Ozpin replied "someone who is ready."