But Nalini knew she had to be the clear headed one because Lola was clearly losing her senses around whatever magic Julian spun from his dark ocean blue eyes. And Damien might be doing the same thing with her, because they needed the girls to help them. 

Nalini wasn't about to let some playboy use her heart like that. Her brain, maybe yes but heart? Hell no.

Something flashed across the street, making Nalini jump. She rushed over to her window, hoping she wasn't hallucinating but then the lights from a nearby jeep flashed again. 

The soft ping from her phone alerted her of a message received and she grabbed it with sweaty palms. 

'Come outside.'

What the hell? Nalini speed dialled Damien's number and cursed at him the moment he picked up. 

"Are you insane? What are you doing here?" She hissed. If her parents found him, there would be more than one dead body buried in the backyard, hers included. 

"Come outside. We're dropping him off now," Damien replied, unfazed by the venom in her voice.

"Yes, but why are you here?" She repeated slowly, as if talking to a child. 

"I thought you wanted me to keep you updated? What better way than to join me for the 'drop off'," He replied excitedly. 

"That's not what I meant and you know it," She snapped.

"Come on, don't be such a buzz kill." 

There was no sound of Julian and it made her thankful. She could only hope he was hiding somewhere in the back seat or the boot. There was only room for one fool in the car and Damien had already filled that spot. 

"My parents will kill me, bury me, bring me back to life and then kill me again," She answered.

"They're clearly asleep. It shouldn't take too long," He pressed, his voice eager and devoid of worry, like they were going to hang out at the park or something. 

Looks like the stubborn goon wasn't budging. His jeep remained by the side of her house, idly parked like it belonged to her neighbours. 

Nalini took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. The road was dark and the neighbour's houses were all devoid of lights. She prayed that everyone was still asleep before she did the unthinkable. 

Her room was on the ground floor and her parents had placed so much trust in her that it was almost too easy to open the window and slip out. Nalini hugged her sweater around her waist, and clambered into Damien's car quickly, her hair wild from the chilly wind. 

She slapped Damien's arm hard, making them both wince. 

"Ow!" 

"Shut up. My hand hurts just as much," She said, massaging her palm softly. 

"Hey Nalini." Came a whisper from behind and Nalini turned to see Julian huddled on the floor in a crouched position, with a dark blanket thrown over him. 

"Hey," She replied before she scowled at Damien. "You were supposed to drop him off alone while I minded my own business at home!"

"That was the plan," Damien paused, his eyes fixed on the road ahead. "But Edward said he heard the police were patrolling and I figured it would be less suspicious if I was caught with a girl, going on a late night drive. Instead of alone." 

Nalini hated to admit it but he had a point and they had to send Julian to Lola's tonight, before Damien's aunt took over the pool house. Plus, it's not like she was going to get a wink of sleep till Julian reached Lola's house safely. 

Might as well add sneaking out of her house to the list of absurd things she'd done since these boys came blundering into their lives.

"Sorry," Julian's voice echoed meekly from behind and she told him to shush up. We were helping him out of our own accord, there was no need to apologise for it.

The atmosphere in the car turned into an intense silence as they drove along the softly lit suburban roads, passing rows of trimmed bushes and empty walkways. Lola didn't live that far away from her and soon they were turning onto the road that lead to her place. 

Nalini had practically grown up here. She'd memorised this road like the back of her hand. She saw the gnomes that belonged to that fussy old lady who always complained about noise. Even in the darkness she could make out the different landscapes in each house and the cars parked in their driveways. She knew which car belonged to whom.

Which was why she froze when she saw one she had never seen before parked by the side of the road just a few houses away from Lola's. Nalini's breath stilled as they passed by, its dark windows glinting under the moonlight, she could have sworn she saw movement inside. 

 There's someone inside. Someone watching.

Damien was about to park under the tree in front of Lola's house when Nalini grabbed his arm, her nails digging into his skin. 

He winced, shrugging out of her hold. "What the-."

"There's someone here. We have to turn around, go somewhere else." 

Julian crouched further into the floor, while Damien's eyes widened. He did as told, trusting Nalini's instincts and the sharpness in her voice. They continued driving and she looked back to see the unfamiliar car still parked there. 

"Let's drive around for awhile and go back," She said, trying to sound as calm as possible. 

Damien didn't answer but he nodded in response. His shoulders were tense, fingers wrapped tightly around the steering wheel like a tight coils. They killed some time by driving to the park, idling around till about five before driving back. 

Nalini prayed her parents weren't up yet because sneaking in would be much harder if they were. She turned to Julian, feeling pitiful that he had to hide so uncomfortably for so long. They turned down the same road and she kept her eyes peeled, looking for that same old looking Toyota. 

The car was gone, no sign of it anywhere along the road which only further proved her fears. 

Someone was watching them. Someone who knew where Lola lived, someone who had probably seen Nalini's face as she passed them by. 

For the second time that night, Nalini felt her blood run cold. 

Heyy sorry for the slight delay. Hope you enjoyed :) :)