Chapter 11 (Side Story): Before the Crash (Hunter's POV)

Kim was going to be so excited when she saw what I had planned for our three-year anniversary! I called Freddy’s the day before to make sure it was okay for me to show up before she arrives for work on Friday. I also kept checking the back seat of my car just to make sure the chocolates, flowers, and the stuffed giraffe were still back there. I wanted to surprise her by going up on the stage at Freddy’s and posing as an animatronic. I wondered how long it would take for her to notice that I was up there.

            I didn’t tell her anything at school all day. I felt, at times, like I was going to just blurt it out, but I wanted to keep everything as a surprise. She seemed really confused when she saw me just smiling when I passed by her in the halls, but I wanted to see if she would catch on to what today meant. She didn’t…but it didn’t matter because she’d realize later.

            After the final bell rang, I immediately left the class and practically ran to my car. I had to do this quickly before she got a chance to get to her car and get to Freddy’s before me. I lost myself for a second in the school parking lot but still managed to find my car among many look-alikes. I got in and took off, even though I should have paid attention to the new ice on the roads.

            I had to stay focused on the road considering I found myself daydreaming on the highway! This was not good. I didn’t want to get in an accident in a stupid way while just trying to get to Freddy’s. Plus if something were to happen to me, I might not be able to celebrate the anniversary with Kim! Soon I found myself nearing the intersection across from Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. I noticed I was going considerably faster than I should have been and tried to slow down, but before I could, something… unexpected happened. Something jumped out in front of my car! As sudden as it was, I didn’t managed to get a good look at it. It seemed to be a large, nearly human-sized animal with bright, red fur. It had to have been trying to get across the road on all fours. I could not apply my brakes fast enough to avoid it and so I swerved and lost control of my car as it slid on the ice. All I remember was seeing my girlfriend’s face one last time in my mind, and then darkness…

            And then I woke up…

-THE END-