Chapter 6: "She's gone..."

I was obviously going to be completely out of it in school. I wasn’t about to let yesterday’s situation completely slide and I was afraid of what might take place at work today. Was everything going to be sorted out? Was everyone going to be in even more of a panic because Jake still hasn’t been heard from? And there was another question that was also making me think: How is the manager going to handle all of this?

        I headed to work once again with an ache in my stomach and a lump in my throat. I couldn’t tell if I was nervous about what was going to happen today or if it was just the horrible school lunch trying to settle. When I walked in things seemed to be much calmer than they were yesterday. I first took a glance into the kitchen where I saw a small group gathered around talking quietly. Then I looked at the stage and saw that Bonnie was still gone. But there was something else that changed too. It took me a second to figure it out, but then it hit me like a train. Where is Chica?! Now she was missing too? All that was left was poor Freddy standing alone on the stage. His eyes were closed with his head down and his microphone in his hand as if he was a lone survivor. I headed straight to the kitchen again ready to receive whatever news they had for me today.

        “Hi everyone,” I greeted softly. “What’s going on today?”

        They explained to me that they still never heard word from Jake or found the missing Bonnie animatronic. The manager tried to get in contact with him but he never answers his phone. It was as if he completely vanished from the face of the Earth! As they continued to fill me in on all the little details of finding out nothing, I notice that someone else was missing. It was Sarah. She wasn’t anywhere in the group nor did I catch sight of her anywhere in the restaurant.

        “Hey, where’s Sarah?” I asked concerned for my new friend.  

        “Kim, she’s…gone.” One of the fellow chefs said before anyone else did.

        My heart completely sunk in my chest as I realized that this was happening again. How could this happen to another person now?! No one even predicted that this could even happen to a place like ours. Employees and animatronics disappearing, malfunctioning, minimum wage, I mean what’s next?! All jokes aside I was completely frightened for what could have happened to these poor people. I could care less about what happened to those stupid animatronic puppets. I decided to go straight to the manager’s office after they finished informing me on this whole dilemma.

        I continued to walk past everyone and out of the kitchen. I turned into the long dark corridor where I could see the security office. This time the big, iron doors were closed. I probably looked really silly still wearing my apron while taking a serious walk towards the only office with the lights on. As I continued down the dark hall, I decided to quickly glance into the security office only to see pitch blackness. Then, all of a sudden while I was walking past, loud, music-box music began playing from inside the office. I did not know where the music was coming from but it certainly made me jump out of my socks! As I continued I remembered that that was Freddy’s theme that I heard chiming from the music box. It was getting kind of creepy as it started to slow down more and more until it fell completely silent. Maybe there was something motion-sensitive that activated when I walked by. I had no complete explanation for what it was or why it turned on.

        When I reached the manager’s office, I peeked in about to say his name when I realized that it was completely empty in there. I looked around and didn’t see any sign of him. The door which led to his private bathroom was also wide open. I decided to sit down in a chair across from his desk and wait for him to return. But before I even got the chance to turn around towards the seats I notice something sitting on his desk. It was a file. There were big, red letters stamped on it which read: CONFIDENTIAL. I knew it would be wrong for me too look inside let alone be caught reading it, but something drew me to this folder. It was as if the truth and everything I needed to know was just inside one flap of paper. I didn’t hear any footsteps or talking coming from the hall, so I realized it would probably be awhile before he would come back. Being the curious idiot that I am, I decided to sit down in his chair and open the folder. What I found was definitely the information I was looking for.

        “The history of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza…” I read out loud from the first file. I then continued to educate myself with everything that caught my attention.