12. {moonee's goal}

ابدأ من البداية

"okay, i'm mildly concerned." stiles admitted, "mildly." he brought his phone out and sent a quick message to scott.

"we're gonna lose without him." liam prompted.

"without them." moonee corrected him.

"no, we're not! we can be just as good without scott and kira, okay?" stiles explained, "i've been practising. let me tell you something, i'm getting good- really good." he smirked.

moonee gave him a look, clearly not believing a word he was saying. she chuckled at his arrogance, got up from the bench and made her way to the bleachers.

franchie was sitting with mason and sydney when she saw her. moonee went over to them and tapped franchie. the girl was sat right at the edge which made it easier for them to talk.

"fran..." moonee whispered, "when this game is over, i need to tell you something."

"everything okay?" franchie quizzed.

"kind of." moonee told her, "it's life changing."

"is it that you like girls? because moo, i already knew that." fran said to her.

"no, fran!" moonee shook her head, "i came out like a year ago!"

fran shrugged, "just guessing." she then frowned, "why would you tell me this now? i'll be worried the whole game!"

"don't worry." moonee shook her head, "although statistically speaking... there's a twenty six percent chance that you'll never speak to me again after?"

"what?!" fran exclaimed.

"mccall!" coach shouted, "over here!"

"sorry, fran." moonee shrugged as she jogged over to her coach.

franchie watched as the girl ran off. she began to worry as the news she would be told would put their friendship on the line. however, she couldn't blame moonee - the girl had no idea how worried she left her best friend.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

after a few plays, the team was losing badly, as per usual. they were all sat on the bench and stiles had realised that scott and kira hadn't gotten back to him.

"all right. neither of them are answering." stiles sighed, "i gotta go see what's going on."

"you're leaving?" liam quizzed.

"you can't just leave us here." moonee frowned.

"what are you going to tell coach?" liam questioned.

the trio glanced over to coach finstock, who was letting his rage out.

the man threw his clipboard to the ground in waves of anger "stupid! stupid old-"

"uh, you guys don't tell him anything, okay?" stiles explained.

"you're right." moonee nodded, "he won't notice your absence."

"wow, thank you, moonee." stiles glared at her, "liam, you're gonna be okay. all right?"

"yeah, you'll be fine."

"you've got moonee here to keep you in check." stiles patted his shoulder in reassurance and sat up, "but who's going to keep moonee in check..."

"excuse me?" moonee scoffed.

"the full moon is out." stiles reminded her.

"and?"

"wait... i thought you weren't affected by the full moon." liam questioned.