4

She didn't know why she decided to nod her head and agreed to whatever invitation her sister's director planned; Why they decided to prolong the invitation to a bar just to loosen up. Courtney did mind going back home to change her clothes, meet her sister so that they could drive to that bar, Ryan Adams was talking about. She did mind the blinding lights and the pop song playing in the background of the establishment. 

Courtney pushed her hands to her jeans to remove the forming sweat from her palms. She wore a hoodie on top of her tank top with her skinny blue jeans and black converse. Her face was also covered with light make-up to cover up the forming dark circle under her eyes and smearing light pink lipsticks on her lips to keep herself from looking pale. Kari was beside her, texting her colleagues their location to meet up with them. 

They were both sitting on a chair, a drink slowly melting its ice as it sat on top of the table. "They said, they're on their way" the older blonde stated as she looked up from her phone. Courtney silently nodded in acknowledgment. She didn't want to be a stick in the mud and just say that she didn't want to go because in truth, half of her wanted to make friends with her sister's coworkers and she did want to go and socialize, but the idea of a book in her hand while sitting, comfortably on a sofa eased her more.

"Hey, Kari!" a tall slim black-haired woman raised her hand, shouting her sister's name with a couple of people behind her who also cheered with her. She wore a jean jumper on top of her fitted black long sleeves top with a leather ankle boot as her shoes, long story short, she looked like a model.

"Tori" Kari retorted in acknowledgment, watching how the group all search chairs of their own. "I don't know why Ryan decided to invite us for a drink when all of us are still exhausted this past few weeks" Tori's words were more like a statement than a question as she pulled her hair up. A dark-skinned man agreed beside her, opening his mouth. "Yeah, but at least it's his money we're spending" he charmingly smiled, laughter erupting the whole booth with cheers of encouragement. Courtney cracked a small smile when they continued to joke. " You're Courtney, right? You were at the party" a voice in the small crowd suddenly spoke. 

Courtney watched Kari perked up in her seat, playfully pointing to a man with a beard and hair almost passing his shoulder. "Hey. Hey. Hey. Don't get any ideas, Clark. She's off-limits" The older blonde's voice wasn't threatening the man but rather playfully warning him, eyeing him as if a mistake has been made. The younger Miller wasn't uncomfortable but she was unsure of what to do so she simply laughed it off, seeing as the man named Clark raised both of his hands high as if surrendering. "Hey, Kar. I'm just asking"

 Tori spoke "But seriously, I don't think we've met" The pharmacist met her gaze, a spark of blue in her eyes as the smile creases the side of her lips. "I'm Victoria Teves. This doofus' girlfriend, so, We're sorry if we made you uncomfortable" she noticed her nervous laugh, she immediately dismissed her. "I'm Courtney" Courtney gave a small wave that made her cringe internally when she retreated. "She's an actress in our film, Court, and Clark, her boyfriend, is our cameraman" Kari seemed obliged to inform her. "But sometimes, We don't claim him" the charming man from earlier joined in which made them chuckle. 

"I'm Gerard Brynn" he gave her a sweet smile as he took the chance to extended his hand to shake her hand, politely. From the corner of her eyes, she watched as the black-haired actress slapped the back of her boyfriend's head as he said something to her. "Ugh. Get a room you two" Lastly among their group was a brunette woman who sneered at the couple as she moved a distance away from them. Her hair was in a bun and much like Courtney's, she wore a hoodie and jeans. Her dark brown eyes looked at the two beside her, brows furrowed in irritation with her lips pouting in disgust. "I'm Kenzie" The tension in her face was slightly gone when the woman masked her face with a tight smile. "I'm a co-writer with your sister and Gerard" Courtney nodded in response.