Chapter 3

"My father's camp is near the Stone Table," I said as we all treaded through the snow. The night before, all had fallen asleep around the fire except for me. I couldn't sleep knowing what the Witch was doing to my people. "The Stone Table?" Peter asked as he fell into a constant pace next to me. Oh yeah. They are new to Narnia. I smiled and pointed across the valley toward the river, "Sorry, it's just across the river. Over there."

He smiled at me and then went back to focusing on the ground in front of him, probably trying not to trip like me. He was quite shy. Through that shyness, I saw bravery though. I saw the possibility of a king. I laughed to myself and trudged on when I felt a tiny tug on my cloak. Turning, I found Lucy gazing up at me with fear through the collar of her big fluffy coat, "A river? Isn't it dangerous?" I giggled and so did Mr. Beaver who explained, "It's been frozen for a hundred years, dear!"

Peter came from behind me and knelt down beside her taking her tiny hand in his, "See, Lu! You have nothing to be scared of." His gaze went from her to Susan and I could see their love for each other. That was the one thing I could never understand: sibling love. Since I was an only child, I could only assume it was something like friendship. Something a little more than friendship. Something selfless and beautiful. Susan shuffled Lucy's hair affectingly and assured her everything was going to be fine, but I think it was a statement more to reassure herself.

I bent down in front of the little one and took her other free hand in mine. "You will be absolutely fine, Lucy! I promise. And when I make promises, I never break them." Unlike her brother, she had green eyes so penetrating, they almost looked like emeralds. She sniffed, but looked a little less worried. I reached out and tightened her coat around her lovingly. Peter was looking at me with a look I could only describe as gratitude. His icy eyes held warmth in them. 

"Now we have to keep going, okay?" All three siblings nodded, the youngest still a little hesitant. When I stood, my back popped in 3 places. Great. This is what I gt for sleeping on a rock. I looked to the beavers and they began to lead the way again. I would stay close to Lucy just in case she grew too afraid. 

So the King and Queens and I walked on; myself in the front, Peter, and then Lucy with Susan. I could still feel Peter's eyes on me as we descended down the ridge toward the frozen river.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, humans! While we're still young."

Ugh!!! Mr. Beaver had been telling us to hurry up for the past hour. We were currently walking across a frozen-over field and just had another patch of forest until the river. I was still walking alongside Peter and his sisters, and I was just beginning to loose patience with a certain scaly-tailed mammal.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna..." Peter started to say, then stopped himself. Alright, curiosity peaked. "What would you do?" I questioned cautiously, eyeing him from the corner of my eye. He looked at me darkly, then proceeded to grin widely. He bent down in front of Lucy and she jumped onto his back. He started carrying her this way. How strange. Maybe it was popular from where they were from.

He looked at me again, continuing his sentence obnoxiously, "I would turn him into a big fluffy hat!" We all erupted in fits of laughter. I could feel myself smiling... when was the last time I had actually laughed? "He is getting quite bossy," Lucy stated and we laughed more. As I looked at Peter, I felt something inside me shift and I began to get butterflies in my chest. How strange this was. Peter and I continued to gaze at each other, both of us beaming, but slowly my smile faded as I heard a certain ringing in the distance. No. It wasn't ringing...it was the sound of bells jingling. No...no no no no no!!! Beaver was shouting in the distance, but I could barely hear him over my pounding heart. I had stopped walking and drew my sword. I could see the sleigh coming.

"Run!" I screamed to the royals. My heart was hammering in my chest. I had to get them to safety, but where? "Just run!" Peter's face went serious and they all grew fearful as they looked back at me. "It's her! It's the Witch!" Then, we all began running for ours lives.

Hey! I hoped you liked it. I don't really know what u guys want from this story, so if u could comment and tell me what you think of it, I would be very happy. The more comments-the faster another chapter will be up! thanks!:)