78

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

"Feeling any better?" Niall nudges me as we walk down the quiet street to get to the house this party is at.

"No." I answer bitterly, telling nothing but the truth.

You can't blame me for feeling like shit after everything that I've been through. I have a reasonable right to be stressing the fuck out over Liam, and Harry for that matter.

Who coincidentally and not at all the reason for me coming, is going to be here tonight.

Niall said he didn't know when I asked him if Harry would be coming tonight, though I don't see why he wouldn't. Jamie, the host of the party, is his friend after all.

And it's New Year's eve, what else could he have going on?

Despite my assurance of Harry's arrival, I still took it upon myself and asked Louis if he knew anything. I made sure to keep it on the down low, I don't want Harry knowing that I know he's coming tonight.

"Come on," Niall whines, standing in front of me to stop us from getting further, "It's New Years for fucks sake, try to have some fun. Okay?"

"How am I supposed to have fun when there's-"

"When there's a stalker slash killer slash... Liam after you." Niall interrupted me and filled in my blank thoughts, "I know, I get it. But you've been living in these conditions for far over a month, you're more than capable of handling it. Just push it aside for one night. That's all I'm asking, alright? You've don't it before."

Half of me wants to agree with him and say he's right while the other half wants to debate over how much of an idiot Niall is for this.

I stare at him straight on, "If I die, or worse, someone else does, it's on you." I point a finger at him. "Let's go."

Niall seems to take that as a win, whispering a quiet 'yes!' while bumping a fist into the air.

I'll save him the disappointment and not tell him that I'm doing this partially for Harry. It's a new year starting tomorrow. I can't be held back by the weight of him and our relationship. Even if we don't get back with each other or anything, I at least need closure.

We'll talk sooner rather than later. I'm hoping it won't take too long since I'm still planning on sending some of tonight with other people. Like Louis and Niall, the only two of my friends that are still around.

I will miss Liam and his snide remarks, or the judgey face he makes when someone in an ugly or ridiculous outfit passes by him on the street. Or his general touch on your spine while you walk, the deep and smooth flow of his voice.

I don't know what's going to happen to Liam, but I'm desperate to know if he has something to do with the case. And I can't exactly time travel so no matter what I'm going to have to wait.

"Ready?" Niall shifts his hand to swing around my shoulder, his words speaking in my ear as we approach the front door.

Instead of my answer, the door swings open and out came a group of people. They were all a little older than me, most likely in college since Jamie is the host tonight.

"Sorry." One boy mumbles as he passes, his friends following behind.

This is a different house than the one from before, it's much bigger and more cabin-like. I also forgot to mention that we're practically in the woods. There's a little town about thirty minutes down the road from main streets, everywhere is covered in big trees and there's only four or five houses on this whole street.