56

THIS IS PART 1 OF THE DOUBLE UPDATE // MAKE SURE TO READ THIS CHAPTER FIRST

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

Niall was already back when I got to the house, which I was unaware of. Luckily for me, he didn't see me breakdown at the front door. He came out of his room when he heard me walking down the hallway, some time after my tears had dried. I'm not sure if he went anywhere else after we had dropped him off last night, I didn't care to ask.

The usual feeling of exhaustion in my entire body came back the second I stepped in my room. I've come to see that that tired feeling never truly leaves me, I'm always so tired. My brain just felt fried, I'm still very conflicted as to what to think about the box found in Maya's room.

As much as I wanted to just crawl into my new, comfy, soft bed, I absolutely had to shower. I need to wash off all this built up sweat that had formed from the intense amount of anxiety and stress I've been drowning in all day.

The shower here was nice, the warm boiling water washed away my wondering frights and theories— I had nearly forgotten all about what Alice had told me.

It was when I had gotten out of the shower, went back to my room, changed into another pair of Harry's sweats and yet again one of Harry's T-shirts, which I've come to notice that I wear this combination quite often. Only then did I start to think about Maya again.

At this point I almost wish she was kidnapped or something of the sort, because that option is far better than having her be behind all this. If that is true, I wouldn't even know how to react— I feel so betrayed by my own sister.

I feel the need to scream at the top of my lungs on the highest building in the word.

I really need to just let all these built emotions out, I feel so compact. I need to let all this out before I end up exploding into a pile of thoughtful mush.

I thought about calling Harry, I should talk to him for the little time I'll be able to before I have to wait until I see him in person tomorrow, but we had already talked about this. He already shared his opinion and I didn't want to agree with him.

So the only logical thing to do would be to force Niall to listen to my conflict, of course.

"So?" I asked him, after I had just explained everything— the box, the pictures, the new letters, as well as Alice's accusations of Maya.

We've been talking in his bedroom since I got out, which was about an hour and a half ago it seems like. Niall was sitting at his window seat, similar to the one in my room, and I was laying on my stomach at the foot of his bed.

"So what?" He shrugs clueless.

"So do you think Maya could actually be the one doing all this?" Just saying the sentence out loud sounded fucking insane.

"I didn't know her all that well, I wouldn't know. But from the looks of it, I'd say believe the detective. At least until you have more proof."

I bury my head in my arms, groaning loudly at his not-so-helping answer. I wanted someone to tell me that sounded insane, someone to agree with me that there would be no fucking way for Maya to be a suspect, but every person so far- Alice, Harry, and now Niall, have been telling me otherwise.

"Maya wouldn't do that, she's my sister." I say for the hundredth time, not knowing what other explanation to give people.

"You never know, it does make a whole lot of sense." He begins, standing up from the windowsill and walking my way. "I mean think about it, you and Zayn have a very... special relationship, which neither of you are private about, you constantly act like you two are head over heels for each other-"