38

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

All that chaos brings us to today, Thursday morning.

Harry squatting on the floor beside me as my eyes flicker open and adjust to the glaring sun coming through the window. His hand gently caressing my cheek to wake me up from another restless night.

I'm still not sleeping very well, but I at least am getting a couple hours a night— much better than the zero I was getting last week.

"Baby?"

Baby was a new name he started calling me recently, I can't explain the feeling I get when he calls me that. The way it sounds rolling off his tongue drives me crazy.

He's called me it before, but only while he was touching or pleasing me in some way, never in a casual setting— which made it that much more the first time he did.

I still don't have a clue as to where we stand in our relationship, we are far from 'dating' or being 'together', but obviously we aren't just friends. We've both admitting to having feeling for one another, which felt like years ago. Other than that, we haven't really talked about a title.

I don't mind this titleless relationship, for now at least, maybe one day we'll talk about it and figure out what we want. But for now I'm okay with doing whatever this was.

"You coming with me today?" He whispers, his tone quiet but encouraging and not wanting to talk up so early in the morning as I was still in bed and half a sleep.

I squint my eyes open and shake my head no, he sighs and placed a light kiss on my temple before standing himself up and leaving my side.

"I'll call you." He adds before leaving the bedroom.

"You always do." I coo back.

I'm finally starting to get back into the pace of things, getting out of bed a reasonable hour and making proper food for myself. Thinking about started school again on Monday, dreading it, but I know I have to go back at some point. And I don't want to miss any more of the work that I'm going to have to do. I've only been out for two weeks but I can already see the piles of work I'm going to need to complete.

I have completely pushed that worrying thought about the balcony incident out of my head, seeing how stupid I was being to even consider something like that. Thank god I came to my senses, I don't know what came over me that day. And I'm so grateful that I didn't let anything push me over the edge... literally.

When lunch rolled around, Liam and Zayn came and brought food as they usually would.

These past few days I was starting to be more chatty than I had been the first week, talking and engaging in the conversation. Before I was only sitting and listening, unable to concentrate on anything further more than my mother and sister— no matter how hard the guys tried to get to me out of my head.

The three of us talked about me coming back to school, they thought it was a good idea for me to return to school on Monday as well. I was slightly hoping they would say no since I needed a form of confirmation to tell me no, but there was none of that.

Only about half an hour after they arrived they left to go finish off the last two classes of the day, assuring me they'll be texting and calling to check up on me until Harry comes back.

I spent the next few hours catching up on as much school work as I could, making sure to not fall behind in any classes. Today was the first day I had actually had any motivation to do so, I played some music and got to work with an essay I had to write for my History class.