Chapter 10- Flirt And Lie

Start from the beginning

Needless to say, there was a heated bickering and debate between the guys and girls as the guys attempted to persuade us to play LOL by explaining to us the perks of playing it, which they failed terribly.

"How about we play Truth or Dare for several rounds?" I finally suggested in the midst of the heated debate between us, which thankfully brought the heated debate to an end.

"And followed by several rounds of Minecraft?" Josiah followed, which finally earned approval from all of us.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Aw come on! Is it that hard to tell us who all of your crushes are?!" Ashton said, looking at me who has been refusing to tell the group all of my crushes.

Seems like I am one of those people who has crushes whose names cannot be spoken of out loud, or at least I should say, even in front of our closest group of best friends.

"Damn it Ashton! Fine! I shall say it, but only to you only since you are the one who asked me that question." I finally spoke out, leaving the remaining few of us to protest at my decision.

"Come on, Elise! We have our girls' code! You can't do this to us!" Lucinda whined, looking at me with pleading eyes in hopes of getting me to spill the beans out to the ladies of course.

I mean, that is why it is called girls' code for a reason.

"How about I just say 1 of my crushes, for now? If not, it isn't fun if I spill all my crushes out right now." I said, attempting to negotiate with all of us in hopes of luring them to my so-called bait.

"Fine." All of them said in unison while Ashton continued, "Only for you since this is only our first round of Truth or Dare. There would not be any more exceptions."

"So, who is your crush, like right now?" Ashton said, wriggling his eyebrows in anticipation as he asked me that burning question he has since I was rather infamous for having many crushes during our senior high days.

"No one." All of their jaws, except for both Chantelle and I drop, looking at me in disbelief.

"What do you mean, no one? Explain yourself, Ariella Elise Hudson." Lucinda said, still looking rather shocked by my answer.

"I am serious Lucinda! I seriously do not have any crush at the moment. It was a prank you guys." I said, trying to hold in my forced laughter as I look at the remaining 4 of them, who are seriously looking at me with a skeptical expression written all over their faces.

Well, except for Chantelle though since she already knew who my crush was.

Sometimes, oblivion is a blessing, especially when you do not want to expose yourself or someone close to you to something unpleasant, that could seriously drag the whole mood down like a waterfall cascading down the pit of water beneath it and only God knows where this leads.

"Then what about your past crush? Any past crush?" Lucinda probes further but only to be interrupted by Chantelle saying that my turn was over and that it was Ashton's turn to choose after spinning the bottle in the middle.

"So truth or dare Ashton?" I said as quickly to change the topic and to divert everyone's attention onto Ashton.

"I shall be going with the truth option, to be safe, since I somehow got this feeling that you guys may give me some crazy dare to do right now." Ashton said, after giving it some thoughts.

"So behold, your mission is to tell us what scares you the most." I said, after pondering over it for a while.

Surely everyone has their deepest fear, that is to be not spoken of or about.