"He understands," Calix cut in, standing up to face Clovis. "And he won't do it again."

"Hey, don't s—" Kairo attempted to protest, but a tight grip on his shoulder from Akilah shut him up.

"I want to hear him say it," Clovis stated, not taking his eyes off the blue eyed boy. Kairo's hands clenched into fists when he caught sight of a partially triumphant glint in the man's eye. Akilah tightened her grip on his shoulder, causing a sharp pain to shoot through his muscles.

"I...understand..." he grumbled through clenched teeth. "And I won't do it again."

Clovis settled back down. "Good. And if you do, known the consequences will be worse. You all are dismissed. Get out the hell of my sight."

Standing up immediately, Kairo turned and barged out, muttering profanities under his breath. He began to make a beeline for his room when a hand grabbed onto his shoulder, spun him around, and then slammed him aggressively against the wall.

"You dumbass," Akilah snapped, her blue eyes blazing. "Don't you know when to shut up?"

"What, you expect me to just take that from him?"

"Of course! Even if his choices can be irritating, there was no use starting a whole argument over that."

"Akilah, none of them know what they're doing. We'll all gonna be in danger if we don't act soon."

"So, what, you think you're good enough to take control, hm? That you know exactly what to do in these situations?"

"No, but..."

"Exactly," she huffed, releasing him roughly and backing away. "And now you've just made everything worse. Thanks a lot."

"I obviously didn't mean for—"

"What were you expecting to happen? That he'd actually listen to you? After all the stunts you've pulled, much less with that insolent tone?"

Kairo was silent, at a lost for words. Akilah scoffed, turning on her heels and leaving him standing there. Sighing loudly, he ran his hands through his hair in frustration. The feeling of a hand on top of his caused him to shift his attention to his friend standing next to him.

"Gee, thanks," he muttered sarcastically. "You didn't even back me up."

"Naw, I was too busy enjoying your little drama," Calix chuckled, ruffling his friend's hair, knowing how much he hated it. "But I did save your ass from getting into hotter water back there."

"He wouldn't actually send me out."

Calix shrugged. "Maybe. But I wouldn't push it if I were you. You're already one of his least favorites."

"Ya think?" Kairo grumbled, trodding down the hallway to their room. "But whatever. It's not my problem that he doesn't have his shit together."

"Yeah, well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things'll play out. As for now though, get ready for a truckload of demands from all the others who'll be eager to boss you around."

Kairo groaned. "I'll just hide in my room until it's over."

"Like that'll even work. I bet your first demand will come within the next 5 minutes."

"Great, now that you said it, it'll actually come true."

No sooner had those words left his mouth before Tycho, a boy whom Kairo personally hated approached.

"Yo, Kairo, it's your lucky day!" he announced, feigning cheerfulness. "You get to clean all the bathrooms!"

Kairo glared before sighing loudly. "Fine, whatever."