Anna already knew the answer. Jonathan and his recruits would hear about this by tomorrow morning at the latest. They would rush to Niagara Falls and be prepared to fight. She was now on the opposite side of the battle she had been training for her entire life.

"They will be here in no time," Etienne said. "We will have to be on high alert."

Anna nodded. Etienne shoved his hands in his pockets. He looked at Anna and Huxley and smirked.

"You two are part of Rhys's gang," Etienne said.

"It's more of a group than a gang," Huxley said.

Anna threw her elbow back and hit Huxley in the side. Etienne chuckled.

"Call yourselves what you want," Etienne said. "Rhys always liked having followers."

Anna bit down on her lip. She took a quick glance at Huxley to see that he was scowling. It was odd so see such a stern look on Huxley's usually bright face.

"He turned you, didn't he, Sweetheart?" Etienne asked.

"Yes he did," Huxley said. "But only because I was dying, Honey."

Etienne's smirk disappeared and he straightened his back. Anna laughed.

"Very funny," Etienne said. "You won't be laughing when Rhys betrays you."

"Listen." Anna raised her hand and shook her head. "You're a little late to the party. We are already deep in betrayal. I don't need you to say anymore."

"What did he do?" Etienne asked. "He has been following you around like a puppy dog."

Anna stood. She pulled down the hem of her short dress before crossing her arms over her chest. She was tall, but she had to crane her neck to look at Etienne's towering frame.

"I'm going to sleep," she said. "I'm not digging myself further into this drama."

"Smart girl," Etienne said. His eyes scanned down Anna's body and it made her skin crawl. He raised a brow before looking her in the eye. "Why do you look familiar?"

The colour drained from Anna's face. She swallowed past the lump that was forming in her throat.

"I just have one of those faces, I guess," Anna said.

She silently prayed that Etienne would not recognize her as he took a few extra moments to analyze her face. She struggled to maintain eye contact so that she did not seem scared. Huxley stood next to her and cleared his throat. They had shared the same worries.

"It's late," Huxley said. "We should get some sleep."

"Good idea," Anna said. "Nice talking to you, Etienne."

She turned before he could say anything. She walked down the aisle between the pews and could see Rhys standing in the corner of the room. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. She had no idea how long he had been standing there.

"What was he saying to you?" Rhys asked.

Relief washed over Anna and the tension left Anna's muscles. Even if he had been standing there for long, he did not hear what they were discussing.

"It doesn't matter," Anna said as she stepped past him.

Rhys reached out and grabbed her arm. She yanked it out of his grip. Her palm tingled as she slapped him across the face. Rhys was stunned and did not move. Anna took this opportunity to ball up her fist. Rhys stopped her from punching him in the face outside the club, but she was ready to fight back. Huxley grabbed her elbow before she had the chance to throw a punch.

"Let go of me!" Anna shouted.

"Anna, as your friend I have to prevent you from doing things you will regret," Huxley said.

"I won't regret it." She ripped her elbow free and lowered her hand. She took a step toward Rhys and put her finger on his chest. "I will never forgive you."

"Anna-" Rhys started.

"I don't want to hear it," she said. "After we defeat the Nightingales, you will never see me again."

Rhys scowled and he struggled to not show the hurt that was threatening to flash across his face. Anna stormed off down to the basement. Huxley gave Rhys a smile and raked his fingers through his hair.

"What are you smiling about?" Rhys asked.

"A lover's spat is always interesting to watch," Huxley said. "I predict Anna will be here pleasant self soon and you'll be back to being moody."

"Get downstairs," Rhys said. "This conversation is over."

Huxley put two fingers to his forehead as he saluted Rhys before going down the stairs.