Chapter 21

Krist's POV
I took a deep breath, staring at the contact list on my phone. Clicking on the ID and calling it, the phone call was instantly picked up by the third ring.

"Hello, P'Jan."

"Kit? Oh, I was going to call you as well. Do you know about Khun John getting temporarily suspended from his CEO position?"

"H-huh?" I was stupefied hearing her words. It was a few days later after the incident and I was going to call P'Jan to inform her about my resignation before sending a letter to the personnel manager.

"The news was already posted on the company's portal. You should check it out." She said as I swiftly took out my laptop from my bag, turning it on and logging in my account to the portal. I scrolled through the announcement briefly as P'Jan continued.

"The reason wasn't revealed yet but there were rumours about him violating the etiquette of an employer and the chairman of the board, Khun Boonrod came to him personally two days before the notice was posted. I guess it must be something really serious."

"P'Jan, I was actually calling you to tell you about my resignation-"

"Wait, what?! You're resigning and leaving your P'Jan all alone here? Who am I going to gossip with if you're not here anymore?" She gasped in shock and started whining.

"P'Jan, I almost..." I stopped mid-sentence, gulping down the hard lump forming in my throat before continuing," I was almost a-assaulted by Khun J-John that day when I attended the meeting with him."

And she fell silent, as I started picking on the skin of my finger, unconsciously holding my breath.

"Are you alright, Kit?" She exclaimed and I could hear a ruckus happening over the phone call, "Stay at your place, Kit. I'm coming to you."

The sound of the door slamming shut and keys dangling could be heard and I immediately stopped her, "No, P'. I'm fine already, really. You don't need to come here."

"Are... are you sure?" I could sense her carefully choosing her words as she asked.

"Yes, it was a long story but I'm all better now. My neighbour," I was speaking when the image of P'Singto appeared in my mind. I haven't actually met him after that day and I think I should be visiting him soon to thank for his help.

"My neighbour was nearby and he managed to take me away from Khun John before anything could happen."

"Then is it possible that Khun John was getting temporarily suspended because of..."

"I don't think so, P'. I didn't tell anyone about this, only my parents, my neighbour and you knew about it. My parents aren't likely to spread it either without my consent."

"Then... are you still resigning?" She gingerly inquired and I fell silent hearing her question.

"I don't know anymore, P'. I love my job there but..."

"I understand, Kit. Why don't you take a longer leave until further notice about Khun John and maybe you can take this time to think thoroughly?"

"I guess this is all I can do, P'."

"Take care, Kit and call me if you need someone to talk to."

"Will do, P'. Take care as well." I bid her goodbye before hanging up the call as I lay back into my bed. Shutting my eyes tight, I ruffled my messy hair as I threw my phone to the side.

What should I do?
_______________________________________

It was around an hour later that I finally came out of my room, entering the kitchen as I poured myself a cup of water. I then walked back to the living room, seated myself on the couch with my parents sitting on the loveseat.

"Mom, dad." I called out to them as they turned their gazes away from the news that was still airing to me.

"Yes, Kit?" Mom switched off the television as the both of them straightened their posture on the seats.

"My employer, Khun John, was temporarily suspended from work."

"Well, it was about time that a scum like him stepped down from being the CEO of a prestigious company." Dad snorted as he rolled his eyes.

"P'Jan told me when I called her a while ago. The notice was already on the portal but everything was still under investigation. She also told me about the chairman involving himself in this matter. I was wondering if-"

"We didn't tell Khun Boonrod anything," Dad chimed in as he smiled softly at me, "I'd promised to let you deal with this your way and I wasn't going to eat my words. But if you need my help, tell me and your mom, we'll be there for you."

I nodded, glimpsing at them before lowering my head as I could feel tears pooling in my eyes. I'm too fortunate to have them as my parents.

"About my resignation, I was thinking about postponing it. I would like to wait for further notice about Khun John." I told them, sniffing covertly, "P'Jan suggested that I take a leave in the meantime. What do you guys think?"

"That's great," Dad nodded and mom too, looked approvingly at me.

"Thanks." I muttered to them and dad started digging through his pocket before grabbing out something with a red packaging.

"Here, some chocolates for the baby in the house." He handed it to me with a silly grin and tears instantly flowed down my cheeks as I got up and ran to them, engulfing myself in their warm arms. The sweets and chocolates are always their way to lift my mood up and console me since I was younger back then and they knew all I needed was their unconventional support.

"Love you." I kissed their cheeks and they chuckled.

"Wow, when did my son get so expressive?" Mom teased me as I frowned at her.

"It's a rare item, mom. You don't get that often or else it would lose it's worth."

"Yeah, yeah, your reasoning. Love you too, Kit." She said, caressing my hair and I pretended to feel irritated.

"Yuck."

A/N:
Hey guys, I've finally returned from my one week break but it was actually more like a sick leave than a break. I'd unfortunately sprained my neck last Monday and I'd even got vaccinated a few days later, I was living with a sore arm and neck. I thought my sprain would get better with time but it suddenly worsened two days ago and affected my shoulder and arm. So, I'll update the next chapter if my condition doesn't worsen and require medical attention. That's all from me, thanks for reading.