February 27

When they say real life isn't perfect I never thought real life would be this bad. I was living in a safe part of my brain where I had actually wanted to stay. But now I am out of the safe part and I hardly recognize myself.

That morning I woke up in my own bed, but it didn't feel like my bed anymore. Like I was in another world. Not a world you want to be in. Rather one you see in your nightmares.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. When I lifted my arm I felt a sharp pain shoot out of my wrist. Right after that all the memories came back. That I had kissed Christine. How the boys had beaten me up. And that I lay in the street for at least an hour afterwards until an old lady came by and helped me home. While I begged her not to say anything to my parents.

With a lot of pain and effort I get out of bed. The first thing I see is myself in the mirror against my bed. My black hair hangs lifelessly down my face. My full lips cracked and a black eye. I see a cut under my eye. It's all swollen and red. My arms and legs are all scraped up and covered in bruises. I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Fuck, what have they done to me.

Slowly I turn around. I can't see myself now. It hurts too much to see myself like this.

I fall to my knees. My legs just can't carry me right now. My head is throbbing. Sharp stabs shoot through my head. All I can do is cry.

I cry and cry until my mother comes in.

"Hazel your g-" She falls silent when she sees me on the ground. She sucks in a sharp breath.

"What is this. And why do you look so terrible?"

"I-I," My voice is hoarse ", I've been beaten up."

"By who and why?" I only start to cry even harder.

"Answer." My mother says gruffly.

"I don't know by who. Five boys. All I know."

"Why?" my mother stares at me disgustedly.

"I h-" How am I going to tell her this. She's going to send me out of the house when she hears that I kissed with a girl and that I might be a lesbian.

"Hazel, tell me. Now."

Okay fuck it.

"I kissed with ehm a girl." I see the shock flash across my mother's face, but as soon as I do I see anger. Fuck.

"Why did you do that. Are boys not enough for you?"

I fall silent.

"Mom, I don't think you will understand." I end up saying.

"No Hazel I understand perfectly fine. You are into girls. You could just say that." My mother says. She smiles and turns around.

What. No way. She would never accept me and now she just smiles at me? And simply tells me that it's ok? Is she sick?

As she is about to close the door she says, "By the way grandma is here so get changed and come down. And make up an excuse for your ugly beaten face." By that she closes the door.

This can't go well. I know it already. When Grandma's gone, I'll get the full brunt of it.

I am fucked.

///

A/N: I hope you like it so far! 

I love you!!