Chapter Twenty Five.

I looked up hearing the handle of the door move, it could be a nurse my logical brain surmised but deep down I knew it was him, I had been a complete arse to him the day before and guilt was never an emotion that sat with me well. Earlier I had been visited by Black warren or Alpha Warren as I should properly call him he was a good man if a little intimidating he was huge by anyone's standards even before I knew he was a werewolf I had found him intimidatingly large and commanding with his dark piercing eyes that that never failed to make you shiver uncomfortably. 

He was Marks friend and he cared about him he had said and as Marks mate it followed that he also cared about me. and then he gently explained to me about rogue wolfs and insane wolfs  and how they cannot be reasoned with and how they are such a danger to the pack and to everyone else.  he told me about why an insane wolf cannot be treated and cured, about the balance between a wolf and their human side and how if that balance is disrupted the human side is lost when the wilder wolf side takes control even if they look human it is always the wolf that is in control, which is why Alphas have the horrible task of putting down insane wolfs.

With a rogue it may be possible to rehabilitate them and integrate them back into a pack, especially if they are young wolves some are rogues through no fault of their own and mostly they choose to remain rogue or as he preferred to call them lone wolves or packless they liked living free of pack ties and the freedom of living a more wild existence, Some rogues are exiled from packs these are usually traitors to the pack or have committed a serious crime, so long as they stay away from the packs they too are usually left to go their way. 

But even a rogue can become dangerous if they give into their wolf, if they attack the pack it is the warriors and Alphas duty to deal with them and that usually results in their death. He explained it was never a task that an Alpha took pleasure in, no one likes to take another beings life but it was a duty they accepted, the pack relied on them for their protection and it was their duty to provide that protection whatever the cost even if it meant laying down their own lives. Mark though he did not have a pack would have acted no different as a lion his duty is to protect his mate at all costs and that would extend to his future pride. 

He told me then how Mark had almost gone out of his mind when I had been taken, the frustration he had felt the lack of sleep. How he had searched for me and paced in frustration while Grant was being questioned, how afraid he was that he would lose me. And faced with Grant in the cellar he could have acted no other way, He took down the wolf and killed him, not without mercy but quickly so he did not suffer even though Alpha warren said his lion would have wanted to tear the wolf limb from limb he had remained in control. If he had not done it either himself or Grant's Alpha would have done so to protect not only the packs but the humans living in the area. 

When he had finished I sat staring at my bed covers ashamed, He had saved me done everything he could to find me and I had sat there in my ignorance and misjudged him given all that Alpha warren had told me I finally understood why he had killed Grant.  He was the love of my life my soulmate and I had hurt him the pain in his eyes when he was leaving came back to me in that moment, how was I going to make this right, I did not think I could even look him in the eye.

Blake explained that Mark loved me and he understood that I had only reacted that way because I did not fully understand everything about the supernatural world and he did not blame me for feeling the way I did about his part in Grants death. and that all he wanted was my love and understanding.

"I have been a shitty mate haven't?" I said as Mark walked into the room.

He walked unsure over to the bed and sat on the edge, "You could never be that" he whispered lifting my chin and looking into my eyes "I love you Kyle I am sorry that I left you last night it was wrong of me, I should have stayed, tried harder to make you understand I..." 

"I would not have listened you did the right thing, I needed space to think and you needed space to cool down. I am sorry Mark I should have listened to you, I was too hasty to judge without knowing any of the facts, I am so sorry please forgive me"

"Of course I forgive you, though you have done nothing wrong Kyle, I should have explained more about the supernatural world to you, you had only what happens in the human world to base your opinion on and I understand it must have been shocking to you to have seen Artemis kill Grant. I would not have wished for you to see that, I know Artemis would never have wanted you to have seen that, it is us who should be sorry to you Kyle". 

I launched myself into his arms holding him tightly to me "I missed you both so much I was scared I was not going to see you again that I would never have the chance to hold you like this again I am so sorry mark", his arms wrapped about my waist pulling me as close to him as my position on the bed would allow.

"That would never happen I love yo so much I would never leave you I couldn't I cannot live without you Kyle" he murmured into my ear as he held him tight to him, my stupid hands ached to hold him but fingers where still stiffened and numb even though the swelling had gone down considerably. 

"I wish I could hold you I whispered a tear escaping please lay with me, I have missed you so much I just want to feel you close to me"

"You do not even have to ask" he murmured shifting position to lay on the bed before pulling me to him, I rested my head against his chest listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat its steady beat calming me.

"I missed you too so, so much I thought I would go insane Kyle, I never want to be parted like that from you again I need you baby I need you every second of every day"  

Raising my head I searched his face seeing nothing but love and hope there "I do not want to be parted from you either" I whispered softly "when I was in that cellar all I could think about was how I might not get a chance to lay in your arms again. I wished, I wished so much that I had said yes to you when you asked me to move in with you. I thought I was too young our relationship was too new but being in that cellar made me realise no one knows how much time they will have to be with the people they love. Shit happens so you should grab on to love with both hands and never let go, that is what I promised myself, if I got out of that place alive I would move in with you, grab my happiness and love and not let go, that is if you will have me still"

"Babe" he whispered searching my face before claiming my mouth with his kissing me softly.