★ONE

""I met him""
ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ
Two years before Haruhi joins...

IT was a free period at Ouran Highschool. Ethel a first year, decided to join a club. Or at least try too. He realized he spent most of his days outside reading or doing homework. Maybe with a club, he will find good friends to hang outside of school. Ethel was friends with his classmates and was treated well. But he heard being part of a club is different from being classmates and being club mates.

His good looks made girls all shy with him. Although he didn't understand why. He hadn't gotten used to the treats female students would give him. He never rejected their hard work. He would get cookies, chocolate, and brownies. He loved them, it was all delicious with different flavors to almost all of them. He made sure to compliment the girls, each time he saw them again.

He went around to the common clubs. Gaming club, Cooking club, Chess club. He realized that he wasn't made for them. He was given leftovers by the cooking club. And he wasn't allowed to leave unless he tried some recipes. Ethel realized he should just stick to eating sweets, after nearly breaking a bowl.

The chess club wasn't much of an option in the first place. He didn't like staying inside longer than school hours. Which was another struggle. But he needed club activities on his record. Playing chess made it seem an hour passed every turn. Could be if especially dedicated. Lastly, the gaming club didn't open its door. Even after knocking several times.

"Hello, Midford! I heard you were looking for a club! Uh, have you heard of the Host Club?" A girl from Ethel's class came up to him. He hummed trying to remember. He shook his head, "No I haven't, uh what is it?" The girl shuffled under Ethel's glance. She played with her yellow dress that outlined her physic well. Her short hair pulled behind one ear.

"Some handsome boys host girls who walk in. They drink tea and they talk. It's pretty new but it's getting a lot of attention lately. You could ask to join, I'm sure you'll make a great host..!" The girl blushed to give Ethel encouragement. Frankly it would be great to be hosted by Ethel. Ethel, who had their own reputation, even if he himself knew nothing of it.

Ethel thought about it. He didn't know if he was fit to host girls. What if they didn't like him? "I'll check them out. Thank you Ms. Kanami!" Ethel smiled before walking to his next class. He made sure to get a bit more info on said club. Maybe build his confidence a bit. Regardless the free period was over.

★彡★彡★彡

As Ethel wandered an empty hallway he got slight chills. It was now after school, his last shot to get a club application. Well, for today but there's always tomorrow. He walked to where he thought was the host club room. He built his confidence up, he would try the host club to see if he liked it. It would be nice to talk to new people every day. The hallways were still bright from the sunny sky outside. Ethel was staying outside. Although he liked going outside, he always sat behind a tree.

He realized how quiet it was. He walked forward trying to get rid of the feeling. He heard his own footsteps as he walked. He walked a little faster. "Am I going the right way? Maybe I should've taken up the offer to be walked there." Ethel whispered to himself. He had no sense of direction. But was it his fault? The walls were very large, long, and alike.