8; eleutheromania

Start from the beginning

Taehyung struggled to get out of his grip, he wanted to scream for help, but the voice won't come out. He was trembling under his grasp, his eyes glistening with tears.

He pushed Woojin, only to feel Woojin stepping roughly onto his feet, he bent his knee and knocked it against Woojin's knee.

Taehyung felt the urge to run away, to be free. To get far away from this.

Woojin was trying to kiss him and he was shaking his head, trying to get away from him, he didn't want this, he wanted to be with Jeongguk, he wanted to hide in his arms, he would protect him.

Taehyung fought for freedom, he kicked his knees, pushed him with elbows. Woojin saw him resisting and he slapped him on the face.

Taehyung paused for a moment, it hurt, his cheek stings, but he couldn't dwell on it, he again kicked his knee when Woojin punched him on the nose.

"Stop fucking kicking me yo-" Woojin was again going to punch Taehyung's bleeding nose when he felt a punch across his face.

✦ ♡ ✦

Jeongguk sprinted to the ground laughing, he hid behind a tree and saw Taehyung running in the other direction and giggled happily.

Before Taehyung could come back, he ran to the office and submitted his assignment as soon as possible, bowed and without uttering a word, he ran back to the tree, waiting for Taehyung.

Taehyung will soon realise jeongguk wasn't there, he will come back here, and Jeongguk will scare him from behind, then to calm him down, he will hold his hand, feeling his skin against his own, and take him home. Jeongguk smiled after planning all the events.

After some minutes, he began to worry, it won't take him this long without reason, he frantically rushed to where he saw Taehyung running, and what he saw there was heart-wrenching.

Taehyung was shoved against a wall and someone was hitting him, he flew without thinking anything and punched the boy with full strength, only to comprehend it was Woojin.

Woojin fell on the ground because of the force, the punch was so strong and unexpectedly that he thought his nasal bone might be broken.

Without giving him any chance, Jeongguk punched him again and again, Woojin was not able to fight back, he was just making muffled pained noise, trying to protect his face.

"J-Jeongguk, I want to talk, please. Stop." Taehyung, who was just standing there watching them, said placing his trembling hand on Jeongguk's shoulder.

Jeongguk turned to look at him and without thinking twice, he hugged the boy, feeling his warm body against his, Taehyung hugged him back instantly, snuggling his face further into Jeongguk's chest. He felt protected. He felt secure with him.

Jeongguk then pulled away a little, enough so he can grab Taehyung's face in his palms, he looked at his bleeding nose, wiped the blood with his thumb and inquired.

"Are you okay?" His voice was laced with unsaid questions, Taehyung felt fortuitously blessed to have him, he didn't know what he would do if Jeongguk wasn't there.

He placed his hand on top of Jeongguk's on his cheeks, and smiled reassuringly at him, making him believe he was in fact okay.

Taehyung, after Jeongguk stepped away, turned to Woojin who was wincing on the ground. Jeongguk stood by Taehyung's side giving death glares to Woojin.

"Woojin, I want to talk." He sounded so strong at the moment. After being forcefully kissed, slapped, punched, he surely was being strong.

"I don't think we can work out like this, in those years, you did nothing but to hit me, insult me, humiliate me, ignore me and make me feel like a shit."

Taehyung was not crying, he was breathing harsh because of the intensity of words that escaped his mouth. Finally letting it out.

"This isn't how relationships work, I don't want it anymore, I can't bear it, I can't be with you anymore, we are done, we have nothing to do from now on, just go away from my life and don't bother us ever again. Just, go away."

Taehyung felt sovereign, light, heart swelling with accomplishment, finally being able to perceive freedom.

Jeongguk, who was standing by his side all the time, looked at him with a proud smile, Taehyung looked at him and signalled him to leave and started stepping out of the scene.

Jeongguk was not done beating him up, so he kicked Woojin in the balls last time before Taehyung pulled him back.

Jeongguk was so mad right now, he looked so pissed, his jaw clenched.

"What are you thinking, Koo?" Taehyung asked, linking their arms together.

"That jerk really had guts huh, he hit you again." His voice was low and deep, tongue poking the cheek from inside.

"I am fine Kookie. And hey, you know what? Let's do something, come with me." Taehyung suddenly got an idea and pulled him again by his hand.

✦ ♡ ✦

"Ice cream?" Jeongguk asked, letting Taehyung drag him to the ice cream parlour near their school campus.

"Yes! It'll lift our moods up." He said clapping. Waiting for Jeongguk to choose his flavour.

Jeongguk chose chocolate ice cream as always, topped his chocolate cup with plenty of sprinkles, candy, and nuts.

Whereas Taehyung chose strawberry ice cream with cream and cherry as toppings.

They walked slowly back home, eating their ice creams, kicking stones.

"You're not talking to him ever again, you will spend your days, weekends, and everything with me," Jeongguk declared in a protective tone, totally pissed off at Woojin.

"Yeah I am." Taehyung once again linked their hands.

"I don't want you to get hurt Tae, please be with me," Jeongguk sound broken, Taehyung noticed and looked at him, Jeongguk just continued eating.

"I am not leaving you even if you kicked me off." Taehyung's words were enough to calm him down.

" Taehyung's words were enough to calm him down

Thoughts?👯‍♂️
(Yes, again. Coz I'm curious.)