Chapter 25 Hit it Hard

"How does it feel?" Paige asked as she observed Michelle driving

"Like Brook's Bugatti but I'm the one behind the wheel. It's incredible." She answered with a huge smile.

"You're in control. And you rock behind the wheel. Just – not in that cheerleader outfit." Paige's eyes dropped to Michelle's skirt and blouse with distaste.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" Michelle asked.

"Angel face, if you roll with us, you gotta look the part. And I know just the place to update your look. Take that intersection and go left." Michelle obeyed wondering where they were going. 

"Here. Stop here." Paige said. Michelle stopped in front of a clothing store. It was completely black except for the logo which said 'Her Point' in white. Even the walls and floors Michelle could see through the glass window were a sparkly black marble.

"You're taking me shopping?" she asked in surprise.

"Call it a favor. Or a birthday gift. Either way, you need it." Paige said getting out of the car. Michelle got out and locked it before following Paige into the store.

"Paige, this place is really emo-punk. Not exactly my style." She said, wrinkling her nose.

"Don't judge till you try it," Paige said, pulling her to a couple of racks of clothes. She pulled out several pieces and dropped them on the circular couch where people usually sat to wait.

"Do I get a say in this?" Michelle asked.

"You wouldn't pick out anything if you did. Just relax and try these on." Paige said, pushing a pile of clothes into her hand.

"But –"

"Just go. Trust me, you're gonna like it." Michelle had no choice but to try them on. She came out in the first outfit which was a neon blue strappy v-neck blouse and grey paint-splattered print jeans.

"Now that is style," Paige said approvingly. Michelle smiled.

"Well, it's comfy."

"Go try the next one." Michelle went back to the dressing room and put on a fuchsia off-shoulder top that cropped at the stomach but had a net lining inside covering her stomach. To pair it off was a black mini leather skirt with lace over cutouts.

"Ouch! You're gonna make guys drop dead in that!" Paige said approvingly when she came out.

"Er..." Michelle wasn't sure if that was a good thing. She went back and tried on a different outfit. This time she wore a bronze-colored sequin top and a black cropped shoulder jacket with a navy denim skirt.

"Okay, this I kind of like." She said, nodding. Paige winked.

"Whoo! Now you're talking! Try the last one." Michelle saw the last outfit was a dress.