"Who da fuck blowin' you up?" August asked me. I jumped because I didn't know he had came out here.

"Ugh, just someone who had the wrong number." I said while trying to go back inside, but instead Aug blocked the way.
"You fa sho'? You was staring that screen like you seen a ghost."
-
I swallowed hard, "Yeah."
And with that he let me inside. Chandra and I decided to go do a little shopping since it was still early in the day, "Hey August, I'm going out with Chandra for a little while."
Instead of looking up, he just continued to play on his phone and then started a conversation with Sneak.
-
"So how long you been doing hair?" I asked Chandra as we walked around the mall.

"Girl for the longest."

"That's cool, so the girls, I take it as their Mel's?

"Yeah they are...everybody says Chay is his twin, Noonie has a hint of him but Kay is little Aug up and down.

"He and Aug looked so much alike."

"Yeah, they was really close, whenever you seen Mel you knew August wasn't too far behind."

"Yeah he told me. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"He was shot, I'm surprised Aug hasn't told you anything."

"Well on our first date I asked who was the guy he carried on his chain and he said it was his brother, one thing led to the next and I could see it was getting to him, so I just never asked."

"You know I'm still in shock along with the rest of the family. One day you're having his kids, trying to make a better life with each other and next, everything is taken from you in the snap of a finger."

"I've never dealt with specifically but I can relate to what you're saying. It's not only death that takes the people you love the most away."

"Girl...that's not the only thing that has the family shocked."

"What you mean?" I looked at her.

"We're all shocked that Aug actually brought somebody to meet us. Ever since Chrissy, August hasn't been the same. Never seen him so hurt over a female."

"Who's Chrissy?" I asked.

"Oh... just a old girlfriend that's all."

I nodded my head.
"But I like you, you seem pretty cool."

"Thank you, that's always nice to hear and you're cool little chick too."

Once we were finished shopping we made our way back to Ms.Sheila house. Tonight everyone was going out and tomorrow we would have a big dinner before Aug and I left.

"Hey Camilla, if you're hungry there's some stuff in there for ya." Sheila told me.

"Oh OK thanks, but have you seen August? I need to go back to the room before we all go out tonight."

"He's some where around hea'." She looked around.

I later found August upstairs in one of the bedrooms, I leaned on the wall and waited for him to get off the phone.
"I'm in ya town so what cha' tryin ta' do?" He said to the person on the phone
"Aight, we hittin up this club then afta' you can come back to my room."
He hung up the phone shortly after and walked right past me like I didn't exist, I quickly grabbed him.
"What's wrong with you?"

"You going to the room befa' we head out?" He completely ignored my question.

"Yeah."

The car ride was silent. I got out the car once we made it to the hotel, "Don't wait up for me." I said closing the door, completely over his attitude.
"Didn't plan on it lil lady." He quickly shot back.
-
I showered and dressed, I wanted to look cute but comfy at the same time so I decided to wear my short, dark blue, deep V neck romper with my Jimmy Choo nude pumps. I put on my gold Rolex and grabbed my clutch so I could make my way to the club where every one was at.