twenty three

"you totally cheated!" i laughed, pointing to topper. "it was hailey's turn!"

"you're just mad that we won!" he laughed, setting up the cups for another round of beer pong. "rematch?"

"no, i'm actually going to use the bathroom." i stated and kissed rafe's cheek before moving inside. i pushed past people, up the stairs to rafe's room. i pushed the door shut and continued into the bathroom. i face the mirror, gripping the counter as the pounding in my head got worse. my eyes were starting to burn again and the taste of blood in my mouth only got worse. then i felt my stomach contents rising as i pushed myself over to the toilet. i pulled my hair back, releasing it all inside. and it was all blood, along with all the water i'd been drinking.

i felt my throat burn as i coughed, letting more blood fall into the toilet. my heart started to speed up as i realized that it was only getting worse and i really should've told someone by now. i just still felt so terrible, to ruin such a perfect night. and i knew that the twins were at home, enjoying game night with our parents and their new friends. i didn't want to crash it for another trip to the hospital.

i flushed the toilet, wiping the seat before flushing that too. i stood up, rinsing my mouth in the sink before i went back down the stairs. as my feet reached the bottom though, i started getting dizzy. i held on to the rail, taking a breath as i groaned slightly. i blinked hard, letting it go away. i went into the kitchen, grabbing more water and downing it.

"hey," i heard and looked over, seeing sarah.

"hey," i said.

"i saw you over by the stairs, are you okay?" she asked.

"yeah, i'm fine." i said.

"rafe said that's what happens when you're dizzy."

"i'm fine sarah, just leave it!" i snapped.

she scoffed, "you didn't have to be a bitch."

"says you," i mumbled and pushed past her, back to the backyard as they all cheered.

"i'm winning babe." rafe smiled as i smiled back. i grabbed my phone out, looking down at the screen and seeing katie had been texting me, telling me i should get home because the cops were about to bust the party.

"hey, katie said the cops are about to bust the party." i said and looked up at them, just as we all heard the sirens.

"oh shit," rafe said. "not again."

"i cannot get busted guys." hails said.

"go, you and topper go." rafe said. "take lynn with you."

"where to?" topper asked.

"come on, my house." i said and turned but as i did so, i felt my body give out, falling against the grass. i heard all their voices, but i faded out before i could even tell what happened.

....

when i woke up, i felt really daze and my body felt weak. i felt a tickle in my nostril as i reached up, going to itch it but felt a tube. i let my eyes open, seeing rafe through the fuzz, my parents and the twins all watching me. i groaned, letting my eyes shut again.

"what happened?" i asked, shifting.

"oh god," i heard my mom sob as i opened my eyes again. i let the fuzzyness clear as i looked over to rafe, seeing his face red and tears rushing down his face. my dad was hugging my mom and the twins were both crying hard.

"lynn," rafe said and moved next to me. he placed his hand on my face as he cried.

"what?" i asked softly. he shook his head.