seven

i found myself sitting on the floor of my bedroom again the next morning, but this time, it was full. i had a bed frame, nightstands, a dresser and a book shelf. my mattress was made up with a bed spread, but everything else was empty, including my closet. i'd thrown out the rest of my clothes, except the over sized t-shirt and jeans i was wearing.

my mom gave me the card to go shopping, but i hadn't budged off the floor since she handed it to me. it was saturday now, beckett and katherine had both spent the night at friend's houses. my mom had gone off to deal with a client. my dad was out with a friend golfing at the club.

so i was alone in the house, just like always.

rafe was still grounded as far as i knew, but he'd told me his dad had eased up a bit, so he'd been texting me non stop.

i took a breath, finally getting tired of sitting there. i pushed myself to my feet and slid my sandals on before leaving my room. i got to the bottom of the stairs, swiping my keys from the kitchen counter. i walked out of the house, locking the door before climbing into my car. i started it up, ready to back into the grass to turn around. as i looked up into the rearview mirror, i saw rafe standing there which made me jump. he hurried over, climbing into the passenger side of my car.

"what the hell are you doing?" i asked. "i almost ran you over."

"my dad just lifted my grounding, so i'm coming with you, wherever you're going." he buckled the seatbelt.

"i'm going shopping for something clothes, my mom's rule." i shrugged.

"where at?"

"i don't know, i figured the the little boutique that hailey's mom owns." i shrugged.

"sounds fun, let's go." he smiled, turning the radio on as i smiled. i turned around, taking off quickly. the ride was short and sweet. i parked my car and climbed out with rafe. we both walked into the little boutique, the bell chiming above the door.

"i've ever actually been in here." he said.

"really?" i asked.

"yeah, it's such a girly store."

"hello, welcome to sasha's." someone said as we both looked over, seeing hailey. he face well, watching us.

"hey..." i trailed.

she got up and went to the back, a minute later her sister appeared, taking the seat on the stool behind the counter.

"come on," i motioned for rafe to follow.

i started going through the racks as rafe admired the store.

"this is actually really nice." he said and grabbed a tag. "but no wonder she's a kook, these things are expensive as hell."

"yeah, i know." i grabbed a top, examining it.

"that's pretty." he said, stepping closer to me. "you should try it on."

"i don't know, i really hate wearing all these nice things."

"too bad," he grabbed it and grabbed a couple other shirts off the rack, pushing them against my chest. "dressing room."

"what?" i asked, with a small exhale laugh as i raised an eyebrow.

"go try them on, your mom wants you to buy new clothes, i'm doing right by her wishes."

"you're so weird." i shook my head with a smile.

"go," he guided me.

i stepped into one of the stalls, trying on the first shirt. i stepped out, letting rafe look it over.