Chapter Thirty Four-"So was he any good in bed?"

Start from the beginning

“Sean and uh…I…we…together…bed…” I stumbled, “…stuff…and…” I sucked in a breath, “…we did it.”

Staring at me like I was an alien, Juliet finally asked, “Did it?”

I covered my face with my hands before I replied through my fingers, “Fine we had sex, are you happy now?”

Juliet squealed like the little girl she was before she flung her arms around my shoulders and gushed, “I knew it! I mean at first I thought that you just got drunk and slept the night away but then you were acting all funny the next morning.”

“Acting funny,” I repeated with questioning eyes.

“Yeah,” Juliet emphasised, “You were walking like you had to pee.”

I sighed, “Can we talk about something else?”

“No,” Juliet scolded, “I told you that I wanted details.”

I opened my mouth to reply and ended up sounding like a total nun, “He uhm…kissed me,” I began, “then like we were in bed…”

Juliet cocked an eyebrow but it was pointless, I continued my rambling, “And then he put his…pee-pee in me…”

And that is how I started my Saturday morning with my best friend laughing so hard that she chocked on her own spit.

Alone at home, I decided to have a day in just to myself. Mum was busy with last minute details with the wedding and Juliet was busy playing tonsil hockey with Chris and while Juliet scored with Chris, she still had her V-card intact. Not that I was complaining really, after getting out everything with Juliet, it seemed that the embarrassment had washed away replaced with my overall feeling of contentedness.

So I threw on some sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt which clearly had a face of Spongebob printed across, then slipped on my glasses and parked my butt in front of the TV. It was all going well. I had the popcorn ready, a show on fairies switched on and of course the snuggly Mr Wiggles parked next to me and then like always, my peace was disturbed by the doorbell. With a sigh, I rose up and contemplated who would dare threaten my inner sanctum. I received my answer as I opened the door.

“Dave,” I spluttered.

Dave Peterson also known as my ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend or at least something more than a friend to Amanda, my half-sister who seemed to have never-ending long legs, stood in front of me in plain jeans and a white shirt. His hair was as blonde as ever and if I was correct, I could see a sparkle in his blue eyes that was never there before. I stood there for about five minutes, just gaping at Dave like a fool unable of speech before I snapped out of it when Dave cleared his throat.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

I frowned before asking, “Why?”

And the award for rudeness goes to Vivienne Lanter!

Mentally slapping my forehead I corrected myself, “I mean after what happened…”

Dave sent me a sheepish smile before he explained, “Don’t worry; I’m not here to try anything Viv.”

I chewed on my lower lip before I relented and stood aside for Dave to enter. He followed me into the dining room because I didn’t dare showing him the living room filled with fairy cartoons and Mr Wiggles, after all I needed to retain at least a certain amount of dignity especially when I was dressed like a hobo ready to mug an old lady. I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose and watched as Dave glanced around before his eyes settled back onto me.

“We need to talk,” he began.

I couldn’t help but feel nervous for a second before I replied, “About?”