Chapter 18 - Take Two

Beginne am Anfang

"Hey, Jasper," I answered cheerily.

"Hello, Scarlett," his deep sexy voice replied. "Are you okay? I'm sorry I haven't called all day, I hadn't even realised the time until now."

"I'm fine, thank you, don't worry about it. How was your day?"

"It was good," he replied half-heartedly, sighing.

"What's wrong?" I frowned in concern.

"I missed you, today."

"I missed you, too," I smiled, even though he couldn't see me.

"And I missed that wonderful ass," he sniggered as I rolled my eyes.

Way to ruin a moment.

"God, Jasper!"

"Listen, I'm coming over to pick you up and I have something I want to ask you." He said seriously.

"What have I done?"

"Nothing, Scarlett," he laughed. "Now sit and wait pretty, I'll be over in five."

"See you later," I ended the call, wondering just what he was going to ask me.

As a man of his word, he knocked at the door in exactly five minutes.

"Hey," I smiled as I opened the door.

"Hey, back," he grinned, holding out a bunch of white roses. "These are for you."

"Thank you, they're beautiful," I smiled as he came and sat down. I placed the roses into a vase before sitting down beside him. "So, what did you want to ask?"

"Well, I don't really know how to say this," he shifted about uncomfortably. "Erm, remember the bridge from yesterday? Well, we're crossing it."

"I don't follow, are you firing me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No, I'm not firing you! I'm falling in love with you Scarlett! Everything about you is intoxicating - you're intoxicating. Will - will you be my girlfriend?"

Oh my God.

"Took you long enough," I joked as he laughed.

"Well? Will you? How long are you going to keep this suspense up for?"

"A little while longer," I teased.

"Scarlett!" He groaned.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend, Mr Queen," I smiled kissing his lips as he held me by my waist. "We need to get going, it's getting late."

"Can't a guy admire his girlfriend?" He teased as we stood up to leave.

"Already?" I laughed while my heart fluttered at the thought of actually being his girlfriend.

"Already." He grinned, kissing my lips softly. "Nice car. Who knew you'd have such great taste?"

"He's so beautiful," I sighed dreamily admiring my new car as we sat in Jasper's new car of the day - his beloved black Ferrari.

"He?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"His name is Austin," I stated proudly as he scoffed. "Do I detect jealousy, Jasper?"

"It's a car, I am a man, so, no, I am not jealous," he said pouting childishly as he drove. "And Austin? Really?"

"What? My first car was called Austin," I defended as he rolled his eyes.

He pulled up outside a grand mansion as my palms began sweating.

"Oh, God," I muttered, wiping my hands down my dress.

"What's wrong?"

"Jasper, the last time your parents and I met I was only your secretary and, now, I'm your girlfriend, they will think I'm with you for your money and -"

"Scarlett, they already know!" He laughed slipping his arm around my waist as we walked into the entrance of the Queen mansion. "I spoke to Dad about it and everyone knows he can't keep his mouth shut for more than a second, he's probably already told Mom and she loves you anyway."

"Let's hope you're right," I murmured as he opened the door.

God, this place was amazing, the interior was fantastic, I thought as he guided me into the living room.

"Scarlett!" James greeted standing up from the recliner before engulfing me into a hug. "Still got that pretty ass!"

"Well, it's not about to go for walkies in the middle of the night now, is it, Dad?" Jasper muttered sarcastically as I stifled a laugh.

A few minutes later, Elena emerged through the doors with Estelle who suffocated me with their tight hugs.

I looked over at Jasper who had his gaze held firmly on my chest before he noticed me glaring giving me a mischievous grin.

"Come," he whispered, leading me out of the room.

"Remember everything I taught you, son!" James yelled after us as Jasper pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

There certainly couldn't be a dull moment with this family, I laughed to myself as Jasper guided me up the grand staircase.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" He asked, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"It's still early days, Jasper," I pointed out as he rolled his eyes.

"Don't be such a pessimist. That's my job." He stated as I laughed.

"Alright, I'm excited. Whatever happens from this moment on, happens and I'll be fine with it." I declared as he slowly pressed his lips to mine.

"Is this fine too?"

"I suppose, it's okay," I teased as he kissed my forehead.

It was the way he looked at me, though.

I'd never been looked at like that by any man in my life and it made me feel all sorts of ways, ways I'd never felt and I couldn't wait for more.