Chapter 18 - Take Two

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm going to go grocery shopping and make my way to your mother's later on. Not very exciting. You?"

"I have a meeting with Zachary Caan in an hour and the rest of the day I shall probably be continuing with work plans."

"You and your work Jasper, one can hardly tear you away from it," I grinned sipping on my coffee.

"Oh, I can think of a few things that can," he winked.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I had better get going, Scarlett," he sighed, checking his phone. "Smith is waiting outside."

"Oh, okay." I replied trying to hide my disappointment.

"Thank you for breakfast, I haven't had a fry up this good in years." He threw a mouth-wateringly sexy smile my way.

"You're welcome. See you later."

"Bye, Scarlett."

And with that he left.

Sighing, I quickly washed the dishes and grabbed my handbag, deciding that I might as well get my shopping over and done with.

Just as I was putting on my shoes, there was a knock on the door. I walked over and opened it to see my best friend stood in front of me looking like absolute hell.

"Melissa?"

"Scarlett," she choked as I hauled her inside, closing the door behind me.

Silently, she took a seat on the couch as I sat opposite her, an awkward silence filling the air.

"Melissa, I – "

"Scarlett – "

I smiled as I gestured for her to carry on.

"Scarlett, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have you shut you out like that last night," she said, looking down. "I didn't... I didn't want you to tell me, I told you so."

"Melissa," I began. "Why would I ever – "

"Blake," she interrupted, solemnly, her eyes watering.

"Blake?" I frowned. "Is he okay?"

"He left me, Scarlett!" She sobbed as I sat beside her on the couch, hugging her. "And I-I'm pregnant!"

"What the fuck?" I breathed, pulling away from her. "Are you kidding me?"

"He left last night, after I'd told him." She cried. "When you called, we were arguing about what to do about the baby. I wanted to keep it and he.... He didn't."

"Fucking asshole," I seethed, wanting to rip Blake's head off.

"You can say it," she sniffled as I looked at her. "It's my own fault. I stayed with the cheating bas –"

"I don't even want to think about that prick let alone talk about him, Melissa," I told her quite seriously. "Now, go, freshen up and we are going to get some breakfast down you."

"I don't want to, Scarlett. I want to sleep," she muttered tiredly.

"Come on, Melissa, once you've relaxed we'll sort this out I promise," I urged as she reluctantly moved off the couch.

I picked out a pink summer dress with flat white pumps and placed them on my bed when my doorbell rang as I made my way downstairs to open it.

"Hey, Scarlett!"

"Hey, Rob, is that my car?" I asked excitedly as he grinned.

"It sure is! Here are the keys and here are the documents full of the legal shit. Enjoy, my duckie!" He grinned as he handed over the keys to my brand-new car.