Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens

Start from the beginning

"What a gentleman," I teased as I stood up.

"I am always a gentleman, Scarlett."

Yes, especially when you throw all those girls out of your office when you've had finished with them, I laughed to myself as we walked out.

"After you," he grinned holding the door.

"My, aren't we full of manners today?" I said sarcastically as I walked on ahead.

"You have one gorgeous backside, Miss Valentina," he whispered in my ear, his body pressed lightly into my back.

"Jasper!" I gasped in shock, slapping his chest as his grin morphed into his trademark smirk.

"Had it never occurred to you that each and every time I held the door open for you, I took it as an opportunity to study that ass?" He asked seriously as I felt my face redden.

"Get in front of me where I can see you!"

"No."

"No? Well I'm waiting right here until you do!" I sighed exasperatedly as I stood there waiting for him to walk on.

"If you're going to stand there like that, could you at least turn around so - fuck!" He hissed suddenly as my eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"What?"

"There are fucking reporters right outside! I don't want them harassing you."

"It's fine, Jasper," I murmured smiling at him.

"Take my arm and don't let go."

"I can -"

"Do as I say. Now."

Bossy Jasper was back.

Reluctantly, I took hold of his arm as we proceeded to leave where we were greeted by dozens of flashing lights and floods of reporters.

This had happened several times before but, I guess Jasper was even more concerned as the last time there were this many reporters – let's just say one asshole wanted a little more than a photo and gossip from me.

"Mr Queen! Is it true that you were involved in the hit and run in Paris?"

"Mr Queen! Is it true that your girlfriend is pregnant?"

"Mr Queen, are you in a relationship with Scarlett Valentina?"

"She already has a boyfriend!"

That did it for Jasper.

His grip tightened on my arm, his jaw clenched considerably.

"Calm down, Jasper, ignore them," I said looking up at him as he took out his phone.

"Get me security. What the fuck am I paying you for?" He snapped into the phone as we continued walking away.

Within minutes, Jasper's security arrived blocking the reporters from getting any closer as we finally reached his car.

"This is the last time I give Smith a holiday that long," he muttered, turning the car into ignition.

"There weren't even that many reporters last time," I recalled as we both breathed a sigh of relief.

"At least you won't be seeing that sick excuse of a man for the rest of life. If he'd gotten away with it God knows what I would have done."

"I was wondering whether he was even going to make it out alive in there with the way your face was set," I said, giving him a knowing smile.