7. Streetlights look so beautiful at night

Start from the beginning

"I don't want you to die but if it takes you all to die for you to finally get your fucking heads out of my problems then may it be that way"

"You're just like him Mark... this is what he wants"

"I know, I'm not an idiot"

"Don't act like it then. Put the knife down and sit down and relax, this is the last time I'll tell you" Johnny sighs, not at all phased at Mark's hostility.

"Why do you have to make this so difficult?" Mark asks softly, tears brimming his eyes. "I'm not the one making it difficult," Johnny says, making his way to the sofa and turning on the TV. Mark looks at the knife and gulps. What if... "Don't think about it, it won't help whatsoever, also... it's a pretty selfish act if you ask me" He snickers and Mark groans, frustrated.

"Don't stop me," He says walking towards the front door. "I don't want to, ruin your life if you want, but don't come crying to me when you realise you've fucked up," Johnny says waving him off and Mark scoffs leaving and slamming the door behind him.

-----

He bangs on Yuta's door and it's quickly opened. Mark doesn't even let him speak before he pushes him in the house, kicking the door shut and pushing him back onto the stairs and slamming his lips onto Yuta's in an aggressive kiss. Mark feels Yuta smirk into the kiss as his hands roam around Mark's body and up his shirt, his fingertips tracing of his stitches causing Mark to gasp giving Yuta the perfect opportunity to slip his tongue into Mark's mouth.

After a few minutes of heated kissing, the two finally break apart, breathing heavily as the string of spit connecting the two breaks.

"Better?" Yuta chuckles and Mark just freezes, why had he done that? "I-I'm sorry" He laughs it off, trying to push himself off Yuta but Yuta's grip remains, keeping Mark pressed against him. "Mm? you think I'd let you get away with riling me up like that?" Mark gulps staring at Yuta's darkened eyes. "Y-yes" He stutters and Yuta laughs. "You're so cute, it'd be such a shame to kill you"

"Yuta," Mark says and Yuta looks up at him.

"Yes darling~"

"Can we sit in the living room?" He asks and Yuta smiles. "Of course," He says, swiftly picking Mark up and walking into the living room and placing the boy on the sofa, sitting beside him. Mark climbs over and opens the blinds and smiles looking at the street outside.

"Mark?" Yuta whispers and Mark looks at him with the same smile. "You're so handsome Yuta," Mark says softly and Yuta smiles, planting a kiss on Mark's lips. "What's gotten into you recently baby? you're so loving all of a sudden" Yuta says and Mark sighs. climbing onto Yuta's lap, straddling him and burying his chin into Yuta's shoulder. "I love you Yuta, isn't it obvious?" He asks and Yuta chuckles. "Not really, you're unpredictable. You want me dead yet you love me" He says and Mark sighs. "I don't want you to die because... I love you," He says, tears welling up in his eyes. He couldn't believe what he was saying but this was him finally being able to let his emotions flow. "Why do you love me? I'm ruining your life" He says and Mark stays silent for a while. "I know but I can't help but love you, I hate it but there's nothing I can do" He cries and Yuta bites his cheek to stifle the shit-eating grin trying to break out.

The process of breaking a person was so pleasurable for Yuta. He loved seeing his victims cry in confusion and frustration. Their minds slowly crumbling into Yuta's hold just where he wants them to be. To watch them argue with the ones they care for, to see them kill them and not feel an ounce of remorse is what keeps Yuta going.

But something felt different this time.

What was this odd feeling inside that came around every time Mark appeared? At first, Yuta ignored it, shrugging it off as another level of excitement but no, with time it only grew bigger and heavier and made Yuta begin to question his intentions with Mark. Mark was only supposed to be a play toy for a while but Yuta felt... bad. He wasn't sure what this feeling was, he'd never felt something like this for as far back as he can remember. Yuta's childhood was just a blur of various shapes, faded colours, irrelevant feelings and loud sounds. He began to wonder what this feeling growing inside of him was, surely it couldn't be love. He's a psychopathic murderer, incapable of feeling love. What even is love? is that like a sweet or something? love was a completely foreign word to Yuta, he didn't understand it and he didn't want to understand it.

His thoughts were swiftly cut off by the feeling of Mark removing himself from Yuta's embrace, the warmth of Mark's body moving away. He didn't want Mark to leave him.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Mark asks and Yuta just stares up at Mark, a million and one thoughts flying through his head as he nods, standing up and following Mark to the front door. Yuta felt completely different, he felt lighter, more relaxed and seemingly content. Yuta was perplexed at the smaller man's hold over his own emotions.

The two boys walk out the door and Yuta locks up while Mark slowly walks down the drive waiting for Yuta to catch up.

"It's odd isn't it?" Mark whispers, slowing down a bit. "What is?" Yuta asks. "We're not at each other's throats" He replies with a smile. "Did something happen?" Mark asks and Yuta gulps. "No, fighting can be pretty tiring..." Yuta lies, he had no clue why he didn't feel the sudden urge to punch Mark. If anyone talked to him as casually as Mark did, they'd be six feet under within a few minutes. What was so special about Mark that Yuta's tolerance had made an exception for him?

As the two walked down the road, Mark slipped his hand into Yuta's as they turned the corner and began walking down the alleyway. Yuta acted as though he wasn't phased about Mark holding his hand even though his stomach was performing a whole acrobatics workout of butterflies. They walk down the alleyway in silence before turning out and walking down another road. Yuta wasn't sure where Mark wanted to take him but he wasn't worried. He trusted Mark wouldn't try and harm him because after all he's constantly telling Yuta he loves him.

They arrive at the park and Mark stops. "Park," He says, pointing to the park and Yuta nods slowly, walking to the Park's gate. He opens it and lets Mark in first before letting it shut behind him.

Mark takes a deep breath and sighs, turning to Yuta with a smile.

"It's nice here, we should come here more often at night"

We.

We should come here more often.

Yuta just nods and walks with Mark to the 'big swing'. They both jump up, sitting on the swing before laying down, looking up at the sky.

"Hey Mark," Yuta says softly and Mark turns over to face him. "Yeah?" He says and Yuta turns over to face Mark.

"Are you alright?" He asks and Mark smiles. "Yeah, how are you feeling?" He asks and Yuta gulps. "I feel... relaxed, thank you for taking me here" He smiles at Mark who giggles. "There was a time I'd come to this park alone at night but now I have someone with me and I'm happy," He says and Yuta rolls over onto Mark before lifting his body up and hovering over Mark who was obviously blushing. Yuta stares down at the boy, inspecting him. He wanted to run his hands through Mark's fluffy curls and pull them as he hears Mark scream underneath him. He wanted to get lost in Mark's sparkling eyes as he watches the tears pour out of them like endless salty waterfalls. He wanted to kiss Mark's soft lips as they were all bruised and bloodied. He wanted to listen to Mark's voice, crying his name out.

"Yu-" Mark was cut off by Yuta's lips attaching themselves to his in a passionate kiss, Mark begins to relax and wraps his arms around Yuta's neck, deepening the kiss.

Yuta couldn't help but enjoy this in a way that baffled him. Mark's lips felt so good on his own. Mark's presence just made him slightly less careless. Mark made Yuta feel butterflies when he looked at him. Yuta swore he hated it but he couldn't get over Mark. According to his feelings, Mark was the best thing that ever happened to him. He was finally in his control but... not everything was going to plan.

The victim...

"Yuta... " He manages to mutter between kisses.

... Shouldn't fall in love...

"I love you," He says causing Yuta to smirk.

... With the villain.

And the villain...

"Well..." The kisses travel up to Mark's ear.

... Shouldn't fall in love...

"I love you too, Mark" He whispers.

... with the victim.