𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: "You're a monster"

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Blood dripped down Alex's forehead. She didn't know how long she had been there, but it felt likes weeks and everyday it was the same routine. Waking up, being injected with God knows what, being beating for hours and then shoved into a cell where she would sleep and pray to die in her sleep.

Every night it seemed like that was wish was coming closer and closer. This is what it felt like to be a mortal. No more fast healing, no more regenerating. Everything felt like it was going to slow and like she was decaying by the minute. But she wasn't going to give up. No matter how much they hurt her she just couldn't keep her mouth shut.

"Is that all you got!" Alex shouted with a laugh. "I've been tortured before this is nothing!"

The man with the scar on his face peered down at the girl. He looked at her with an amused expression and placed his scalpel down on the bench beside the chair she was strapped to.

"You don't know when to quit, do you?" the man mused. "God I'm surprised your not screaming and crying like the others." Alex furrowed her eyebrows and glowered at the man.

"Like I said, I've been torture before, this is nothing new" Alexandria gritted through her teeth. The man took a step towards her and grabbed her chin roughly with his hand and pulled her towards him. Alex tried to pull back and resist, but his grip was too firm.

"I wasn't talking about the torture darling" the man teased cruelly. "I was more talking about how you're helpless. A helpless little girl who lived in France with distant relatives who didn't love her. Didn't even bother to learn her name and beat her till she was black and blue." He let go of her face and a tear fell from Alex's eye.

"You're a monster" she choked out. Her tears mixed with the sweat, blood and dirt on her face. Her head felt heavy, and a sharp pain throbbed in it, she hadn't drank out ate for days. Her figure was slimmer and bruised and she looked like a corpse.

"No. You're the monster, you killed so many and now you're paying for your crimes" the man said with venom dripping from his words.

"Shut up! How are you any different from me!?" Alex yelled enraged fighting against her bonds which cut in her bare wrist. Her matted hair getting in her face during the struggle.

"Because what I'm doing could help many, make them stronger, make them powerful" the man's raspy voice sounded sinister. He brushed back his hair and turned to walk out of the room.

"You're delusional" Alex whispered stopping the man in his tracks.

"And you're nothing."

~~~

Bucky stayed up all night. He had been working with Bruce and Natasha in the labs trying to track down Alexandria, finding any connection to her location, anything at all.

"Bucky it's been two months, we don't know if she's even alive" Natasha whispered to the soldier sadly, resting her hand comfortingly on his shoulder. "You need rest, we need rest Buck."

"No, she's out there I know she is. She's a fighter Alex isn't weak, she's alive" Bucky stated firmly looking through numerous SHIELD files.

"Nat's right" Bruce said closing down his laptop. Bucky took a deep breath and closed the file he was skimming through.

"You two go can go to sleep: I'll be fine here on my own. You guys need the rest but I'm not sleeping" Bucky said. Natasha nodded in defeat knowing she couldn't convince the man no matter how hard she tried.

"Okay Buck just don't over work yourself" Natasha and Bruce left the lab leaving Bucky to the SHEILD files and database. He spent hours researching. His eyes felt heavy and slowly closed shut as the clock struck 11:00pm. He passed out cold at the desk in the lab, resting his head on his arms.

At 2:00am in the morning his phone began to ring. His eyes shot open at the sudden sound, and he answered it still half asleep and drowsy.

"H-Hello?" Bucky said in a raspy and sleepy voice.

"Barnes, we found her. I'm sending you the location now, get the others!" Fury said quickly on the phone. Bucky's eyes widened and he hung up the phone quickly.

"JARVIS! Wake up the team, tell them we found her! Alexandria is coming home..."

The plot thickens...