7. SUN, MOON AND ISOLDE

Comenzar desde el principio

"Selena," I whispered her name as if to make sure someone like me can utter the name of someone like her.

Sol's equal in every way, I didn't know Sol even had an equal!

I was brought back from my musings by the sudden halt of the carriage. Guess this was our queue to start walking.

But no, the coachman didn't ask us to get off. Instead, the carriage moved again, this time at a much faster pace.

Before I could make sense of the sudden change in pace, the carriage started to move straight towards the waterfall.

I heard a scream.

It took me a moment to register the scream was coming from me. That's it, I'm going to die. At the ripe age of 16. I felt my eyes tearing up.

Just as I was about to scream for the carriage to stop, I heard the sound of laughter. I looked at Inayat and saw him trying to stifle a burst of laughter hard but failing miserably.

Before I could ask him what was funny about our impending demise, the carriage drove through the waterfall. I waited, holding my breath for it to happen but nothing happened.

I opened my eyes to look outside and saw the water didn't reach us, instead was suspended at a few meters away from the window as if hitting some sort of invisible glass.

This time Inayat didn't bother holding back his laughter.

That bastard! He knew we would be unharmed but instead of telling me, he chose to laugh at my misery.

"The fire and Ice gateway waterfalls are spelled to make way for rides towards Azura. The force of the water doesn't hit the carriage and we safely pass through," he explained to me in between laughter.

"Oh," was all I could answer with.

And you didn't tell me this before I had a heart attack because??

 And what do you mean by spelled to make way for carriages? Who spelled it? 

Such display of Magical power is only possible in Azura, I guess.

My situation suddenly became much more real to me. The fact that I will have to compete with mages like these made my throat dry.

The carriage drove on between the waterfall as I looked outside contemplating my decision to come here and how hard I have to work to catch up to the noble children. 

What was I even doing here ?

 I didn't belong here. I couldn't possibly mix with these refined people. I was the complete opposite of them.

Like fire and Ice.

GLOSSARY

*Selene: The Titaness of Moon in Greek mythology.

*Tsukuyomi: The moon God in Japanese mythology and Shinto religion

*Tsukuyomi: The moon God in Japanese mythology and Shinto religion. Tsukuyomi was said to have been brought into existence from a mirror held by Izanagi, so is often associated with illusion and reflection.

 Tsukuyomi was said to have been brought into existence from a mirror held by Izanagi, so is often associated with illusion and reflection

_________________________________________
Please remember to vote and comment.