CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

"What did you do Azuriah!?" Lavainge turned to her sister with visible confusion.

Azuriah froze like a rock, unable process everything, everyone sighs as Dolor chuckles. "My liege is still processing this whole . . . uhm, sudden master thing." She stood beside Azuriah as everyone makes a sudden realization, looking at each other sharing the same thought, eyeing Dolor who wore a calm look despite knowing that she was being suspected.

Everyone was silent and only the rustling sound of flowing water from the lake was heard. They continued sharing looks  without saying a word, and after a complete second of silence, Dolor flies above as others watch her, their guards up. 

With one spin, the bright light blinds them, the fairy's wings disappeared as she grew as large as them. "To prove to you that I am a loyal protector of the crown--"

"I know," Lavainge replied. "Dolor Hada, daughter of Aro Hada, and Yiqi Hada. The fairies from the west." Dolor was able to breath a sigh of relief just as it piqued the interest of others.

"That saved me so much time, Lady Lavainge, come on now—" Before Dolor could even take a step forward Lavainge gestured Cellisto stepping in front of Dolor who turned to Lavainge with muddled. "I thought that I've already made my point, Lady Lavainge? I am here to protect you--"

"You protect the crown,"  Lavainge muttered, sighing as Azuriah eyes her completely bewildered. "You said it yourself, you're loyal to the crown. You've already proven yourself, now go— before I even change my mind." All of them walked away as the fairy freezes.

"I—I am not! You misunderstood me!" she yelled.

"It came from your own mouth, Dolor Hada. Misunderstood?" Eumoi uttered before turning away.

"I broke free from the Queen's influence! Trust me--" She turned to Azuriah who kept quiet the whole time. "Lady, please." Her pupils quivered as she continue to stare at Azuriah who kept contemplating, unsure of what to do.

"Sister, maybe we can--"

"Could you please be reasonable for once, Azuriah!" Lavainge snapped for the first time, leaving others bewildered.

Angst and confusion filled the air. While the others were in silence and shock, Leal made his way in front of Dolor masking his confusion with a smile. "I wasn't informed about this," he muttered, inspecting her at the same time Dolor was trying to figure out who he was.

"Have we met before?" she asked as Leal turns away with a scuff.

"If we did, I would've already told them that your just another one of her puppets—" Leal was cut off as Dolor keeps pleading her case.

"I am not, what can I do to prove it to you?!"

They all turn to Lavainge waiting for to give her orders. "Leave us alone," she uttered before leaving Dolor in the middle of forest.

They continued to walk in complete silence, no one dared to speak but Azuriah who firmly grabbed Lavainge's shoulder. "Why are you so heartless?" she asked, holding back the tears, pleading.

"Are you questioning my decision, Azuriah?" With a cold look, she shoots dagger out of her mouth, everyone turned to Azuriah as tears fall almost relentlessly.

She clenched her fists, wiping off the tears in her eyes. She looked at each and everyone of them then stops at her sister. "Tell me, why?"

"Stop—"

"Why!?" Lavainge was stunned, seeing the frustration in her eyes.

"Because, she has no purpose joining us but to help Minerva; to kill us! How am I supposed to trust her?! Tell me—"

"Is that why . . . then you." She turned to Eumoi who was both startled and afraid. "You have no purpose joining us, prince Eumoi."

"And you," she uttered staring at Leal who wears a weary sympathetic look. "Why don't you leave? You have no purpose, Leal."

"Even you, Loic. Now tell me, we shouldn't trust? Answer me!" Tears were bursting out of her eyes as words seemed to be stuck on her throat, she was struggling, all of them were.

No one tries to speak while Azuriah was so lost that slowly she started to walk away. "You should just leave and let us do what we need to do," she uttered as Lavainge firmly grasps her hand.

"Azuriah, they helped us!" She sighed. "Listen to me."

"No— listen to me, sister," she muttered weakly as if she was struggling to speak. "You didn't give her any chance . . ." She brushed off Lavainge's hand and continued to walk away.

And before Lavainge could even speak again, Loic placed his hand on her shoulders as he whispers, "Let her be, for now."

An hour almost passed yet no one else dared to speak to Azuriah who's anger still there. "What's this?" she asked staring at a tower questioning what is the flat circle with three arrows with different lengths moving, pointing at a specific number, that surprises them all.

"Egrath . . ."

A L L Y _ A L L I E