CHAPTER ELEVEN

After spending the night stargazing, sleeping soundly with stone as their beds, the sun rose up from the ocean, waking the six adventurers from their deep sleep.

Azuriah woke up with a coat that kept her warm all night, she looked beside her seeing Eumoi sleeping almost like a prince, “Thank you.”

She stood up seeing Seiya and Cellisto wide awake as they were already preparing for breakfast, “Good morning Lady Azuriah,” the two greeted as she greeted back.

As she has nothing to do, and the others were busy, she mindlessly followed the trail that leaded her to a glistening lake . . . but she wasn’t alone, ’cause Loic was already there throwing rocks.

“Hm, can I join you?” Loic was stunned as he didn’t notice that Azuriah was already beside him, reluctantly he nodded moving inches away from Azuriah.

“I’m still surprised,” she whispered but it was loud enough to be heard, “I’m glad that I was lucky enough to found someone like you.” She looked at him with an innocent smile plastered in her face.

He never replied, avoiding Azuriah, the both of them sat quietly listening to the stream when suddenly Azuriah stood up, Loic almost feeling lonely, “Wait! I—”

He was yet again rendered speechless by her, “Don’t worry. I’ll just grab our breakfasts!” With that, Loic’s mask disappeared, feeling somehow at ease.

Azuriah went back to see Eumoi awake, she walked up to him and gave the coat back, but Eumoi’s clueless expression surprised her, “I don’t think this is mine . . .”

Without a word, Azuriah grabbed their breakfasts and ran to him. “I wish I lied.” Eumoi mouthed as he sees Azuriah slowly disappear.

Panting heavily, “L-Let’s eat!”

They started eating without talking. Azuriah chuckled at the sudden thought grabbing what supposed to be Loic’s coat and gave it to him, “Why do you always act so differently . . . thank you, for everything.” Already glowing red, he accepted it, trying to look as stoic as he could be.

“Shut up, girl, you’re spitting on our food.” Already understanding Loic’s nature, Azuriah chuckled, zipping her mouth as they were able to have a step closer to each  other.

Finally, after a long break they continued their trip to Lusion . . . they easily managed to go into the town without any problem, but Lavainge who lived and trained in Lusion sighed, “Easy isn’t it?”

Everyone looked at her with a confused look but later understood as they stumbled upon their first complication . . .

There were no walls that stopped them from entering but a boiling body of water ranging 50 meters long that surrounded the whole tower.

“What’s this?” A guy appeared out of nowhere staring at them innocently and in someway Lavainge felt like she knows him for no reason.

Before anyone could even speak up, “Who are you?” Lavainge asked carefully.

The mysterious guy bowed comely, “I am Leal Vey, just a random guy, who wants to join your adventure,”

All of them were greatly shocked, “We already have random mysterious guy here.” Azuriah chuckled pointing at Loic who seemed to be unbothered.

“Why?” Cellisto questioned, eyeing him suspiciously.

“You need my help,” he answered calmly.

Lavainge walked towards him, “I trust him.” Not knowing why, she felt like she knows him for her entire life.

“Since my sister trust him, I trust him too you know! But . . . why would you think that we need you?”

“Let’s just say . . . I know how to enter the palace,” he simply said staring at the gigantic tower.

Lavainge was almost surprised, “Only the great wizards knows the way . . . so how?”

“Secret,” he responded mischievously.

Lavainge face wore a bittersweet smile, “I thought that you’re an elemental too . . . just like her.”

“Her?” Leal questioned.

“Laureen . . . my advisor, who’s dead,” she stuttered, recalling her death.

Leal’s smile turned bitter. “Oh, what happened to her?”

“She, deserved a long life and should’ve lived as one of the greatest mages . . . but, because of me, I—”

Azuriah who’s been quiet the whole time spoke up, “It’s not you . . . I—I killed her, I . . . pierced this sword in her heart with my own hands . . .” She grasped the half sword in her hands.

Seiya grabbed Azuriah’s cold and trembling hands with warmth, “It wasn’t your fault . . . you gave her peace.”

Leal turned his head to Azuriah. “Why? Why did you kill her?” He asked as his eyes softens.

“I had no choice . . . she attacked Lavainge, if I didn’t act, my sister would’ve died . . .”

“You killed to protect?” he murmured staring at his hands.

“If you are in my position . . . you would’ve done it, right?” She stared right at him but he looked away.

“Yes . . . yes, I would do everything for the person I love.” He then wore his gentle look and stared at the unknown body of water. “If you someone who can enter here, you should know too how to enter right?”

Lavainge differed, “She promised me that once I get throned as the Supreme Empress . . . she promised, she told me that . . . she’ll be the one to crown me, she’ll give me a tour to the tower . . . she promised but— it’s unfortunate isn’t, quite bitter.”

“Hm, that’s why I’m here . . . let me give you a good trade, I’ll guide you as you enter the tower in exchange . . . I’ll join you in your journey.”

They looked at each other defeated, no one knows how to enter except him . . . Loic who listened to everything walked towards Cellisto who thought the same, “What’s his purpose?”

Azuriah tapped Leal’s back, “Welcome to the team Leal Vey!” The others stares at her vexed.

All of them complained, “Who made you in charge?!”

But instead of answering, Azuriah rolled her eyes and shrugged, “I thought I’m the leader? I should be the leader after all, I'm the smartest, and I guessed the riddle so . . .  I’m the leader!”

Infuriated Loic flicked Azuriah’s nose, “Smart?”

And even Eumoi who stayed silent spoke up, she patted Azuriah’s head gently. “You aren’t.”

“W—Well! Okay! But we need him to help us, he just wants to join . . . what’s the worst thing that can happen?”

All of them gave up, because . . . they have no choice.

A L L Y _ A L L I E