Chapter Twenty-Six

It's the last day of school before their Christmas break. So far it has been fine. Louis is nearly done with his last class before lunch and he would be lying if he'd say he isn't starving.

He overslept a bit today and Shawn wasn't able to wake him with enough time for breakfast. So Louis rushed to school without anything in his stomache.

But food is near.

As soon as the bell rings, Louis stuffs his notes and writing utensils in his bag and jumps up. He waits at his desk for Niall to finish packing up, who sends him a confused look.

"Why do you seem so excited for lunch? That's my part." he claims with a smile and a flick of his fluffy red tail.

Louis rolls his eyes with a smile. "I told you that I haven't eaten anything today and am very much starving here. So pick up your pace, squirrel, or I'll have to snack on you." he jokes.

Niall laughs and gets up, following Louis out if the classroom and to their lockers to put away their bags.

As they walk down the hallway, just following the stream of other students towards the cafeteria, someone roughly walks past Louis, bumping his shoulder hard. The wolf turns around, smirking.

"Sorry, kitty cat, didn't see you there." the alpha claims - lies, obviously - before him and Harry - who was walking with him - high five laughing before continueing down the hallway.

"Assholes." Niall grumbles annoyed. "You think after all those months they would stop with their stupid and childish behaviour."

They reach the cafeteria and walk to their usual table. Louis sighs as they sit down.

"Well, I guess they are still threatened by me. Worried I give other hybrids the courage to not do everything they tell 'em." he says sarcastically with a shrug and a roll of his eyes.

His ears twitch as he hears angry grumbling at the table Harry and his friends are sitting at. Though he doesn't listen in to what they are saying.

Niall laughs as Zayn and Shawn sit down at their table.

"They look so mad. I can't see Harry's face, but he must be fuming." Niall says inbetween his chuckles.

Louis smiles at his friend, taking a bite of his tuna sandwich. "It doesn't matter, Ni. Let them fume, let them kick some stones angrily when they walk home. I honestly don't care what they think of me or how I act."

Niall grumbles something about it being fun to finally see them loosing their chill, but doesn't say more as Dominic joins them as well. The group starts to do a bit of small talk as Louis' phone next to his lunch box lights up.

He quickly takes it, in hopes no one saw the name. Everyone would be asking question if they'd seen that 'Big Bad Wolfy' was texting him.

He opens the text and rolls his eyes.

Follow me after a few minutes. Toilets.

Reads the text from Harry - shortly after it he sees the alpha get up and leave. Louis ignores it and doesn't answer back, just puts it away in his pocket. The hybrid listens to his friends in their conversation about the upcoming holidays. He tries to push down the sad feeling as they talk about all the things they gonna do with their families, all the traditions they have.

After maybe ten minutes he decides to leave as well and meet up with Harry. He could use a hug right now.

So he walks down the hall to the toilets they started to meet up whenever they needed or wanted to talk. It isn't too often, but at least twice a week.