Chapter Twenty-One

When Monday rolls around Louis is nervous. He knows that Harry said it all stays the same at school and no one must know about them, but can it be the same? Last weekend Louis already saw a different side of Harry. Can this side just disappear on command? Isn't the whole soulmate thing the most important thing to a werewolf? So important they get fucking possessive as shit and don't let anyone even look at them, let alone hurt them?

The cat hybrid walks down the hallway to his first class trying to listen to Niall and Shawn's conversation, but he busts himself checking the wolves they are passing by to see if Harry is here.

He isn't.

And that leaves Louis relieved, but weirdly also a bit sad.

-

"Hey, Lou?" Dominic sits down next to the hybrid with a smile.

Louis smiles back, stuffing a fork full of spaghetti bolognese in his mouth. He chews before greeting Dom as well. "Hello Dom, what's up?" he asks.

The werewolf places a piece of paper in front of Louis. "I did a bit of research. I know I can't change your mind about all of this, but just as a back-up. Checking her out and talking to her won't kill you, innit?"

The blue eyed boy looks at the paper. It's a printed out website for a doctor, who is specialised in both hybrid and werewolf medicine. From what Dom printed out she apparently has a cure for hybrids who's soulmate is a wolf that won't or can't mate them. A cure that they don't have to be scented by them and don't have to die if not.

The hybrid raises an eyebrow at his friend. "She's in London? How do you think we get to London?" he asks.

Dom flicks Louis' forehead. "Easy." he claims. "I organised a phone call with her. She was super nice as I talked to her and she was fine with that. Knew that it would be quite tough for us to go to London while we have school. And she said this is too important to not help you." he explains smiling and bouncing up and down on his place.

Louis has to smile at his friend. "I love you, Dom. You know that? In a totally platonic way, obviously." he says, smiling.

Dom chuckles. "Love you too, Louis." the wolf says before taking Louis' face in both of his hands and licking him from his chin, over his cheek up to his temple.

Louis hisses as his ears lie flat on his head and he moves away. "Dominic!" he complains, immediatly wiping away all the spit Dominic left behind.

His ears twitch and his eyes jump to the door. He can barely make out Harry storming out of the cafeteria. The sudden urge to get up and follow him overcomes Louis.

"I, uh, forgot something in my locker." he says half heartedly while grabbing his things and storming out of the cafeteria as well, leaving behind his confused friends who were in their own conversations. Only Dominic having a knowing look on his face.

As Louis reaches the hallway there is no one in sight. So the cat hybrid walks slowly down the hall, sniffing once and again to follow Harry's scent.

Suddenly he hears a door open next to him, his ears twitch towards the sound before the click registers in his brain. And just as he is about to turn his head he is grabbed by the arm and pulled into a room.

Louis stumbles in to the room. Luckily his tail balances him out perfectly and he quickly has his footing back. As he looks around he notices that he is in the male/alpha toilets.

He quickly turns around as he hears another click and sees Harry turning towards him after seemingly locking the door.

"Why do you have a key to the toilets?" Louis asks, crossing his arms over his chest.