- chapter seven -

...the next morning…

"Everyone! Wake up, it's time to set sail to Pougelandia and then it's bon voyage from there!" JJ yelled at us all in the morning.

"I don't know what time it is, but it's early so shut up," I grumbled.

"I will not! My dear Kie, will you get up to set bon voyage to our boat?" He said, holding out his hand to help me out.

JJ pulled me up and I finally obliged, though I wasn't happy about it.

We went and woke up everyone else. I went to wake up Pope and… surprise! Cleo was with him.

I opened my mouth to say something when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

Naturally, I screamed.

“Hey! Calm down Kie!”

I turned around and there was JJ.

“Oh my God, JJ, you scared the living crap out of me!” I exclaimed.

Pope and Cleo had gotten up.

“What’s going on?” Pope said in alert - but also drowsiness.

“Are you alright?” Cleo was on her feet in a second.

I was about to snap at her, but then took a second.

It’s unfair, how I’m treating Cleo. She’s amazing, and I’ve been jealous. I had a chance with Pope and I blew it. So, now I can’t stop Cleo from being with Pope. They both deserve happiness, and I’m not going to get in the middle of it.

I smiled, “No Cleo, thank you though,”

She smiled at me.

“Okay,” JJ said, stretching out the word, “So, boat? What’re we doing about that?”

“Well, first we need to wake John B and Sarah up. Then we can go on from there.” I said.

"Already done," A voice said from behind us.

I turned and saw that John B and Sarah had already woken up.

So the six of us began our journey.

"So you're telling me this boat was hidden within trees? Like full magic castle? Dude, that's crazy!" John B said as JJ filled the three in on details.

"Yeah, that's what we thought…" Sarah replied.

Pope sighed in disbelief.

"And here we are!" I announced. "The magical kingdom,"

"Cheese on bread!" Cleo remarked.

We stepped into the trees and Cleo, Pope, and John B gasped, fascinated by the green.

The trees loomed over everything as though it was a dome covering everything. If you looked at it from above, you'd never be able to tell that it was sheltering something. The majestic boat sat in the middle, looking as grand as ever. I have to admit, it looked very impressive.

"This is our boat?" Pope asked, awestruck.

"Yup!" JJ said proudly.

We all smiled and made our way to the boat.

John B immediately climbed onto it with JJ and studied it.

"She's a beauty!" He declared happily.

"Well then, we get on this boat, and make our way to the Yucatan!" JJ exclaimed.

We groaned.

As JJ was walking back and forth, I noticed that the floor he was pacing on was unstable.

Suddenly, I was able to see exactly what was about to happen.

"JJ! Watch out! JJ, that ground is too -" I yelled.

But it was too late.

He cried out as the floor gave away and he fell, landing with a loud thud.

I screamed.

a/n - oOoOo plot twist! what do you guys think is gonna happen? wait til the next chapter <33