Dr. Benzo didn't look surprised by my comment. "Seeing the extent of her physical abuse when she was captured, I'm not too surprised. Her brain might be blocking the trauma, and her body too. It may be best, for now, to leave her alone and allow her to adjust to old life without triggering her slowly."

"So pretend as if she never was captured?" Aleksei asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

Dr. Benzo shook his head. "No, more like make her feel at home again. Give her a routine she was used to before. It'll help with calming her down since she is fully aware and conscious of everything. Baby steps at a time. While I'm at it, I would say to put her on a rich diet to help her gain back weight."

"What if she still won't eat?" Lizabeta asked, much to everyone's surprise. She had made it more than clear about her distaste for Dove. She refused to look at any of us as her focus was on Dr. Benzo.

"Give her till tonight to see if she'll eat on her own. If she still isn't, then I'll hook her up to an IV," he replied, getting up from his seat. Dove had been drifting in and out of sleep the whole day. She had recently woken back up just thirty minutes ago when Dr. Benzo went to see her. Well, he had to stand about ten feet away from her, or else her heart starts kicking into overdrive again. He'll coax her to answer some question, which she would blankly ignore, or her eyes would gloss over before she would respond with the tiniest nod or headshake. It took three nurses to make her feel safe enough before she was willing to allow them to check her body physically.

"Is there anything else we should know about what we should do about her?" Nicolai asked, leaning into the armchair as his legs bounced back and forth. He's already on his breaking point with the way he's drumming his fingers against the armrest. It must have been hard for him to sit still, yet he was willing to stay to hear about her. Pride swelled to see them care much for their queen, despite her Italian blood. "Like what we should or shouldn't do?"

"The only thing I can give right now is to take things at her pace," he informed us. "Now, should she awake and have another episode, please let me know. So long as you don't touch her until she's ready, she should be fine."

Easier said than done.

"Thank you for your time Dr. Benzo," Anastasia gratefully said.

"Nonsense, she's Gedeon's wife, which means she's family. We look after one another," he flicked off the comment. As he took his leave after leaving a few medications to help soothe Dove, we all slumped our shoulders while Timor passed a lighter around as they lit their cigar.

Opening up the window, I pinched the bridge of my nose. "As if we didn't have enough on our plates. Fucking Christ."

"Tell me about it," Timor murmured, running his fingers through his hair before tugging at the end. He took a drag of his cigar while Aleksei goes to pour himself a drink from the cabin. Everyone looked more than exhausted than we have been for weeks. "We still don't have a damn lead of where Robert is either."

"It doesn't matter," Lizabeta pointed out, leaning onto the wall's side. "By the way, the Italian family are falling apart right now; it won't take long before either Robert gets caught in the crossfire and killed—"

"Or became the new ruler," Timor interjected.

That was the last thing we needed. Robert was a ruthless person, capable of doing anything for power. There's no saying what things he might do if he's crowed to be the new caporegime—the boss of the Sicilian mafia. The Italian mafia has been growing alarmingly more powerful, and I needed to crush them before it got out of hand. It was perfect because once I crush Robert, everything will crumble as I take complete control.