19. Accidental Loss Of Control

Start from the beginning

But Lizzie didn't care about the people at school. She only cared about her little brother, her cousin, Jacob, Leah and Seth, and even Sam Uley. She didn't want to leave them behind, she wanted to stay, she wanted to stay with them.

                                                               ✦✦✦

"So, that's it they're just packing up and leaving like that?" Jacob asked.

Lizzie was in the Clearwater's basement, sitting curled up on Jacob's lap with her ear to his heart. She was calm like this, despite the anger she still held for Edward.

"Pretty much," she sighed.

"That's such crap," Leah said entering the basement. She gave Jake and Lizzie their drinks before sitting down opposite them on the couch.

"My words exactly, but I don't have a choice in the matter since we're moving whether I like it or not."

"Not even a little choice?"

"No offense, Lizzie, but your family kind of sucks."

"None taken Seth," she gently smiled at him. "My mom doesn't want to go and Jasper's also on my side, but everyone else... "

Jacob kissed her shoulder in comfort. "What does this mean for us?" he whispered and Lizzie could see the fear in his brown eyes for the answer. She turned so her forehead was against his.

"I don't want it to mean anything. As soon as we settle down, I want to come and visit you. We can make it work, Jake."

"Of course we can," he nodded and kissed her.

"Where are you moving to anyway?" Leah asked once Lizzie and Jacob's little moment was over with.

"No idea. I don't even think my parents know the answer to that question."

"Looks like they've got this all planned out," Seth commented.

"Tell me about it."

                                                               ✦✦✦

After having spent the entire afternoon comforting Sammy about the move, Lizzie was now at the Cullen's border talking to Sam Uley, who wasn't any happier than the rest.

"You're leaving?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"There was an accident with Bella and Dean. Bella's fine, but Edward's making us move because of it," Lizzie explained. "I'm taking Dean to see some family friends to get him under control."

"Why can't Edward take him if he's so set on leaving?" Sam questioned.

Lizzie sighed with a weak smile. "He thinks what he's doing is protecting Bella. Honestly, he's just scared, she's his bloodsinger. Mates and bloodsingers they're... complicated."

"Tell me about it. I imprinted."

"Aww, Sam! That's great, who is she? It's not Leah is it because I'm sure she won't take that the right way."

Sam shook his head. "It's not Leah, which makes it just that much harder. It's Emily Young, Leah's cousin."

"Oh, Emily, she's a great cook. But Leah will most definitely take your relationship badly though," Lizzie warned him.

"Yeah, she already has, trust me. How do you know Emily?"

"Not personally, I've heard about her and her cooking and baking is to die for," Lizzie gushed, making Sam smile. "She'll be the perfect Luna for your pack."

"I think so too."

Lizzie was happy for Sam, bouncing on her feet in excitement. "I really wanna hug you now."

"You can, I mean you are leaving after all," he reasoned as he gestured to her. "Can I... "

"Oh," Lizzie said before nodding. "Everyone's busy packing, so they won't know."

Sam nodded, he took a running start before jumping territories and landing beside Lizzie. She grinned at him, not even giving him a proper second to stand up before she was hugging him.

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, Lizzie. I just wish this wasn't goodbye," he told her. "Who am I going to talk to at the border, ask advice from? This really isn't fair."

"I know, but that's what cellphones were invented for," she lightly joked, managing to get a small laugh from Sam. "Anyway, I doubt it'll be a permanent move. I don't think Edward can live without Bella, he's just being an idiot a very stubborn idiot."

"No arguments here."

"Hey, Sam. Can I ask you for a favor while I'm gone?"

"Name it."

"Keep an eye on Bella and Sammy for me and look out for Jacob."

"Of course," Sam promised. "But how do you know Jacob Black?"

The question should have been easy to answer, but it wasn't. Lizzie knew she could trust Sam, but even so, she didn't want to put him in that position in case anyone found out that wasn't supposed to, like the elders.

"Can you just trust me with this one, please, no explanation."

"I haven't stopped trusting you."

The two smiled, laughed, and talked some more before it was time to go, and Carlisle came looking for Lizzie. But by this time, Sam was back on his own territory just to be safe.

"Elizabeth, it's time."

Lizzie glanced behind her, her smile dropping to a frown and it all but broke Carlisle's heart to see. She pursed her lips together and nodded.

"Coming Dad." She looked back at Sam one more time and the two waved. "Bye Sam."

"Bye Lizzie," he smiled gently, then nodded at Carlisle who did the same out of respect. She followed after her dad, disappearing from sight faster than the eye could catch.